CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 01-09-2009 07:50 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nick Harris;488842]Great job on the workout Nik, it was a tough one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, you doing todays? or have you already done it?

Nik Nichols 01-09-2009 09:12 AM

3 sets 3 back levers for as long and as far as I can hold(2maybe 3 sec)
50 situps 25lbs
50 backext 25lbs

Back slowly getting better, I'm not out of the woods yet, but coming along.

Nick Harris 01-09-2009 10:34 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;488849]Thanks, you doing todays? or have you already done it?[/QUOTE]

I haven't yet, I will do it later this afternoon. I really enjoyed the pullup workout the other day.

Nik Nichols 01-09-2009 11:53 AM

Front Squat 5-5-5-5-5 reps

1. 105lbs
2. 135lbs
3. 155lbs
4. 175lbs
5. 175lbsx4 form started to crumble and I didn't want to push it.

50 situpswith 25lbs
50 back ext 25lbs
1 set 3 back levers as far as I could go as long as I could hold.

Personal note, I didn't push form my back, it went ok. My back is better, but not well. coming along slowly.

Nik Nichols 01-09-2009 02:26 PM

more back levers in for 10 min, just kept trying to hold. but I'm no where near to getting parallel. I really don't know what the form is on it other then keeping my body straight.

Richard Vanmeerbeek 01-09-2009 04:18 PM

I hope you get your back straighten out soon, it's annnoying having to push on something that hurts. You can still do plenty of work around it, right ?

Vanessa Sisson 01-09-2009 04:23 PM

Hi Nik!
YAY for making a comeback. So, are you getting brave and trying some new gymnastics work? Looks like fun. I think I am going to be joining you soon. ;)

Nik Nichols 01-09-2009 04:29 PM

[QUOTE=Richard Vanmeerbeek;489279]I hope you get your back straighten out soon, it's annnoying having to push on something that hurts. You can still do plenty of work around it, right ?[/QUOTE]
Yea, my back should be good soon,the whole thing was a wierd, I just slept funny, I hadn't workeduot in two days and felt fine and woke up on the third day in bits!! So I got a new bed yesterday, much better. Most of the work I have been doing is to help my back, I am not pushing much yet, I didn't push the front squat's much.

[QUOTE=Vanessa Sisson;489286]Hi Nik!
YAY for making a comeback. So, are you getting brave and trying some new gymnastics work? Looks like fun. I think I am going to be joining you soon. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yea, Chuck told me that it might help my back, it did. Not easy though, I got thease red ''freckels'' on my eyelids from the strain of the levers!!:rofl:

Scott Jenkins 01-10-2009 01:55 AM

The back lever should come before the front lever Nik. I can hit a messy back lever right now although I need someone to video or photograph it so I can see if it is as straight as I imagine. On the Front Lever I work through progressions that I read somewhere I cannot remember from Coach.

Hang on the rings so you are completely upside down and then lower your body as slow as possible through the front lever position until you hit the ground. You will at first (unless your a natural) fall through quite fast. Do this 15 times. Eventually you will be able to stop the front lever at the correct point. I have not got this far yet as my back told me to leave it alone for a while, back at it now. My goal is to have a front lever by the end of this year Nik so do not get impatient with it as it is a very hard move to perform.

Fergus Lally 01-10-2009 04:46 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;488161]Ten rounds for time of:
3 Weighted Pull-ups, 45 pounds
5 Strict Pull-ups
7 Kipping Pull-up

time 15:15

rounds 33

I started off with a 40lbs bell(bigest we have)

I couldnt pull it up at round 4 and used a 35lbs bell
round 5 used a 25 bell
round 6 through 10 I used 20 lbs.

This was a joke, my back is still a little sore but it didn't hinder the WOD, I just sucked.

oh I did 50 weighted situps with 25lbs for my back, 3 sets 10 front squats with 95lbs for my back. I may just stop working out all together till my back iss fine, what a waste.

Thank you, and good night!!:censored:[/QUOTE]

Thats a great score on that one Nick, I did 5 rounds and it took me 10 mins lol

you must have been in bits after it!