CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Vanessa Sisson 10-22-2008 09:02 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;428865]Running long distance builds character Ricky, especially if last time you hit a good PR and have to go chasing the time like I will be tonight. Just give it a go once and then at least you can say you have tried running while doing a heavy lifting programme. One of my goals is to deadlift 200K the same day I run 5k sub 20 mins.

Sorry for the hijack Nik, Ricky is the Logjacker :smiley_ev[/QUOTE]

I would love to do the 5k today....argh :ranting2: this SS programming...... No, really though, I love SS but I miss the WODS and the running and all that.

Nive job on the burpees, Nik. It's a good damn day when you an say they were good.

Richard Macaulay 10-22-2008 09:05 AM

Hmm not really a log hijack old timer, i made comment in reply to your one made to nik about his training and wether or not he would be running a 5K. Its ok though, i understand your getting a wee bit dotty. Theres quite alot of old people in the town were i live, so i see it quite alot.

Good luck nik.

Ricky

Nik Nichols 10-22-2008 09:40 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;428855]Thats an excellent time Nik , you hitting the 5k run today, My favourite[/QUOTE]
Thanks Scott, i really applyed myself, Yep I'll be running the 5K as long as the rain holds off, I'll be running at lunch, or for lunch.
[QUOTE=Richard Macaulay;428857]Boooo 5K....booo 1K for that matter.
Ricky[/QUOTE]

Ah ricky, I'll run for you, I'll cary you this time.

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;428865]Running long distance builds character Ricky, especially if last time you hit a good PR and have to go chasing the time like I will be tonight. Just give it a go once and then at least you can say you have tried running while doing a heavy lifting programme. One of my goals is to deadlift 200K the same day I run 5k sub 20 mins.

Scott, didn't you see Rickys avitar? He has character to spare!!

[QUOTE=Vanessa Pierce;428875]I would love to do the 5k today....argh :ranting2: this SS programming...... No, really though, I love SS but I miss the WODS and the running and all that.

Nive job on the burpees, Nik. It's a good damn day when you an say they were good.[/QUOTE]

Ah, you are getting real gains with the SS, I don't know if I will be able to keep up with you after November. You will be running soon enough.

You getting any rain yet?

Vanessa Sisson 10-22-2008 09:55 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;428914]

Ah, you are getting real gains with the SS, I don't know if I will be able to keep up with you after November. You will be running soon enough.

You getting any rain yet?[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm sure you'll keep up just fine.
Not yet but it sure looks like it's about to. I LOVE rainy days. :D

Nik Nichols 10-22-2008 09:56 AM

[QUOTE=Vanessa Pierce;428921]Oh, I'm sure you'll keep up just fine.
Not yet but it sure looks like it's about to. I LOVE rainy days. :D[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm looking forward to running in this weather.

Nik Nichols 10-22-2008 09:58 AM

Dude, that is 440lbs dead lift!! I thought I was going to attempt it today till I converted Kilo to lbs, My 3 rep max is only 310lbs!!

Nik Nichols 10-22-2008 11:08 AM

CFWUx3 weighted sit's and back ext.with 25lbs
Run 5 K

time was 26:35

3x5sets of deadlift 210lbs
1set5 deadlift 225lbs in the spirit of Vanessa and Scott.

Oh Ricky, you got heavy at the 3K mark!LOL

Last time I did it in 27:17, so there is an improvement.

Nik Nichols 10-23-2008 06:18 AM

Rest DAY!!!I plan on nothing!! Not even a pullup!! I usually do somthing, but I have had a good week and am really feeling it and feeling good, i need to rest and not over do it and recover. But I'm on such a good buzz and want to keep going.

Besides next week it will be hard to get to workout Thursdat to Sunday will be tough to get to workout. I'm telling myself it is ok, it will be a needed rest if i can't get a workout, but I don't want to miss!!!!

I have an addictive personality and this is what i fill it with, so missing a workout may bring me down. Maybe I'll get a blackjack, or some bodyweight workouts in, or run some more for Ricky!

Scott Jenkins 10-23-2008 06:56 AM

Ricky weighs a lot more than more vest and you got to put up with all the moaning as well!! I cannot have a rest day after not lifting any weight yesterday Nik, I feel like my lifting muscles had there rest yesterday and now my running can rest today.

If you busting to hit a workout but feel like your bodies not ready hit some extra core work , planks, handstand holds etc. Good to see someone else had it in them to hit the 5k yesterday as well mate! :D

Richard Macaulay 10-23-2008 07:46 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;429737]Ricky weighs a lot more than more vest and you got to put up with all the moaning as well!! I cannot have a rest day after not lifting any weight yesterday Nik, I feel like my lifting muscles had there rest yesterday and now my running can rest today.
[/QUOTE]

I would do nothing but shout and encourage my good friend nik. And hurl abuse at you as he passes you and kicks over you zimmer frame.

Ricky