CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Testimonials (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Mark E. Wallace's One-Year Crossfit Testimonial (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=62468)

Mark E. Wallace 10-24-2010 05:21 PM

Mark E. Wallace's One-Year Crossfit Testimonial

One year ago today, I started Crossfit. Please hit this link if interested in reading my testimonial. Link is wfs. Brace yourself though. It's a long read.

I give credit in the testimonial to my coaches, my Crossfit Leander family, and my family family. I want to also add that many of y'all have been of tremendous help to me as well. Thank you.

- Mark

Carlos Vera 10-24-2010 08:25 PM

Re: Mark E. Wallace's One-Year Crossfit Testimonial

Mark, Congratulations! I know that sticking to something is really hard, but everyone can tell that you are doing what you love. You are a great inspiration for everyone here and your testimonial is a proof that with dedication everything is possible.

Crossfit on!

Carlos.

Tamara Cohen 10-25-2010 05:34 AM

:notworth:

So much love for ya, buddy. The haters can say what they want to say about CrossFit, but it IS an amazing vehicle to help people change their lives if they are willing to get up every morning and get their crap done. And, the coaches and community you describe are just as important as whatever the WOD may be. Nice job.

"Today I am at 33 and am (now get this) actually considering changing my focus away from fat loss and over to gaining strength." You know I'll support you ;).

Mark E. Wallace 10-25-2010 08:08 AM

Thanks, Carlos and Tamara.

Quote:

You know I'll support you ;).
Yep, I know, Tam. I might need the support too.

Incidentally, the fresh body shave for the pic was done just for you. :D

- Mark^3

Thomas Green 10-25-2010 08:26 AM

Congrats, inspiring read there. It's never too late to start

Rebecca Roth 10-25-2010 09:24 AM

YEA! Awesome story, I love seeing how much crossfit can change both body and mind.

Shannon Mullens 10-25-2010 02:48 PM

Not only will Tamara support you, she'll probably Deadlift you too! (She's tricky, that one. Watch her every...single...minute.)

Great testimonial, and great work! You're one of the inspiring people for those like me too, and it's wonderful to see how far you've come in a year. What will next year bring?!

Milton Brisson 10-25-2010 09:45 PM

Thats a good read Mr. Wallace! I would estimate that just about everyone who is over 30 at their first CF workout probably came from a similar (if not the same) place. I can definatley say I came from the same place.

Congrats to you, and thanks for sharing!

Tamara Cohen 10-26-2010 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace (Post 859592)
Yep, I know, Tam. I might need the support too.

Incidentally, the fresh body shave for the pic was done just for you. :D

- Mark^3

Don't worry. There is a whole network of fun and supportive people over on the Dark Side also. And, yeah, I refrained from commenting on the shaving. Sigh. S'okay. Whatever makes YOU happy, haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannon Mullens (Post 859793)
Not only will Tamara support you, she'll probably Deadlift you too! (She's tricky, that one. Watch her every...single...minute.)

The best part is that I can deadlift the pre-CrossFit Mark also, which I couldn't do a month or two ago. Now, I could use him as my deadlifts in a WOD...if I still did WODs :evilsmile.

Mark E. Wallace 10-26-2010 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milton Brisson (Post 859931)
Thats a good read Mr. Wallace! I would estimate that just about everyone who is over 30 at their first CF workout probably came from a similar (if not the same) place. I can definatley say I came from the same place.

Congrats to you, and thanks for sharing!

Thank you, Milton. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

- Mark