CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Running a CrossFit Facility (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Max/Rep/Conversion Calculator (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=32834)

Cory Osborne 06-07-2008 06:10 PM

Max/Rep/Conversion Calculator

Hey everyone, I just put together an Excel Spreadsheet for calculating your 1 rep max.

You can also use it to convert units (pounds or kilos).

It also has percentages broken down so if you want to train 50% to 90% of your max.

I added training zones to it so for those "Back Squat 5-5-5-5-5" or "Push Press 3-3-3-3-3" WODs; you can easily figure out what weight to use for the 5 or 3 reps getting as close to your max as possible.

It would be great for working with clients and not having to guess and check max efforts over and over again. (I use it for myself for now:D)

Please let me know if you are interested. (WFS & No Cost)

Blair Robert Lowe 06-08-2008 02:37 AM

Re: Max/Rep/Conversion Calculator

I'd be interested in it. Back in HS, Steve Kenyon had one that was based on some algorithm. It was always interesting to play with and I roughly remember the numbers per 3, 5, 10, and 15 reps depending on poundage somewhat.

I haven't really looked for one recently as I still have that old vague idea. Would be very interested to see what you come up with.

John Alanis 06-08-2008 10:56 AM

I'd be interested in the calculator. Are you going to post here on the message board? Or would you prefer to e-mail it?

Adam Head 06-08-2008 10:59 AM

Cory, me too. Thanks for the work. I'll pm you my info.

Cory Osborne 06-08-2008 08:18 PM

Cool, thanks guys, didn't know if there would be any interest! I'll just e-mail for now.

It should be pretty bomb-proof, but you never know, so please let me know if there are any problems or questions come up.

It really isn't worthy of any thanks, I enjoy it and I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to this stuff. I hope it helps you guys out there.

Steve Ericson 06-09-2008 12:18 AM

:thanx: Cory fired off a PM to you

Blair Robert Lowe 06-15-2008 05:47 PM

Cory, lots of hard work into this and thanks. I tried opening it up in Open Office and was having problem clicking on anything. Maybe just goes to show my poor know-how in Excel and so forth. I liked that there were so many exercises to choose from.

Cory Osborne 06-19-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blair Robert Lowe (Post 331342)
Cory, lots of hard work into this and thanks. I tried opening it up in Open Office and was having problem clicking on anything. Maybe just goes to show my poor know-how in Excel and so forth. I liked that there were so many exercises to choose from.

You're more than welcome Blair.

It works fine in Microsoft Office.

I disabled selecting certain fields because there is a lot going on in the background (like formulas) that, if accidentaly changed or deleted, would disable the whole program from working properly.

I'm not too familiar with Open Office, but please let me know if anyone else is having similar problems so I could look into making one specific to Open Office.

Dean Bozzano 06-19-2008 04:54 PM

Hey Cory, I was about to start one of these myself but if you don't mind sharing it I could save some time I could use in a 100 other areas! Thanks.

Will PM you as well.

Kylie Lindbeck 06-21-2008 08:49 AM

Hi Cory,
If you dont mind, i would love a copy of the spreadsheet, we have started doing similar, in a much smaller scale but with very slow proggession... would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Kylie
please email to (ptunleashed@hotmail.com)