CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Starting (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hello! (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=87682)

Darnley Etienne 09-03-2014 06:08 PM

Hello!

I want to say hello to everyone here on Crossfit.com. My name is Darnley Etienne and I've been at CrossFit a little over a year. I've been a member for a while but I finally got up enough nerve to make my first post.

Hoping to learn from everyone here and achieve my goals in the CrossFit universe.

Andrew G Parker 09-03-2014 08:04 PM

Re: Hello!

Welcome. I expect many of us can learn a few things from you as well.

Alex Burden 09-04-2014 12:40 AM

it's all give and take :)

Reuben Bakker 09-04-2014 12:16 PM

welcome! no need to be shy - we're all in this together :) Do you go to a box there in Columbus?

Darnley Etienne 09-04-2014 02:50 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the response. I'm a member of 11th Element. Its been great and I've learned alot. I'm the guy who hasn't been athletic since HS (freshman year may I add) but stayed in shape at the gym.

Right now endurance is my biggest limiting factor.

Tim Alford 09-04-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darnley Etienne (Post 1241435)
Hey guys, thanks for the response. I'm a member of 11th Element. Its been great and I've learned alot. I'm the guy who hasn't been athletic since HS (freshman year may I add) but stayed in shape at the gym.

Right now endurance is my biggest limiting factor.

That is Graham Holmberg's gym, right? How do you like it? I live in Grove City and I've been doing CrossFit at LA Fitness for the last few months since I left my old box due to a new job, new house, and a new baby! I'm interested in how you like it there so far.

Darnley Etienne 09-05-2014 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Alford (Post 1241442)
That is Graham Holmberg's gym, right? How do you like it? I live in Grove City and I've been doing CrossFit at LA Fitness for the last few months since I left my old box due to a new job, new house, and a new baby! I'm interested in how you like it there so far.

Hey Tim, good morning. Its been great. I've learned alot of detail that has helped me move forward. I still have a long way to go, but I'm getting there. How's the program at LA Fitness?

Tim Alford 09-05-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darnley Etienne (Post 1241460)
Hey Tim, good morning. Its been great. I've learned alot of detail that has helped me move forward. I still have a long way to go, but I'm getting there. How's the program at LA Fitness?

That's good to hear! Having a coach watch your form is soooo important when you're starting off. I definitely miss that aspect of my old box! I'm doing my own thing at LA Fitness, I'm doing a Starting Strength 8 week cycle with just a little bit of CrossFit conditioning (box jumps, kettlebell swings, rowing). It's not bad, I just have to work on my strength!

Darnley Etienne 09-14-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Alford (Post 1241483)
That's good to hear! Having a coach watch your form is soooo important when you're starting off. I definitely miss that aspect of my old box! I'm doing my own thing at LA Fitness, I'm doing a Starting Strength 8 week cycle with just a little bit of CrossFit conditioning (box jumps, kettlebell swings, rowing). It's not bad, I just have to work on my strength!

I need some insight on weekly cycles. I come from a strength background and I never considered endurance at all. I'm playing catch up in this area big time. So much that I purchased a Concept 2 Model D and I'm looking to pick up a Schwinn AirDyne next.

What kind of programming are you doing for your 8 week cycle.

Jon Hanover 09-17-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darnley Etienne (Post 1241368)
I want to say hello to everyone here on Crossfit.com. My name is Darnley Etienne and I've been at CrossFit a little over a year. I've been a member for a while but I finally got up enough nerve to make my first post.

Hoping to learn from everyone here and achieve my goals in the CrossFit universe.

Welcome mate!