CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Camille the newb (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=27967)

Camille Lore 02-22-2008 06:06 PM

Camille the newb

Thought I should start tracking here so it's easier for me to find.
At this point, I'm 3 weeks into Crossfit. I did skip Wed's WO this week bc I went with Ali to check out the dog.
Tonight I swam all of a new Swimplan workout bc we got out of work early. I also shoveled the walk and driveway for one hour, so I'm skipping the WOD but I'd like to do it! lol
Just measured my waist- 36". My daily plate shows these measurements on Feb 13th
TAPE-L thigh-21
R thigh- 20.5 (mid thigh)
Hips & butt- 40
Waist- 38.5
R bi- 12.5
L bi 11.5
Chest 38

I noticed yesterday that I have biceps under my fat!
And... I shoveled for the whole hour without breaking. I only stood up to straighten my back. I can clearly remember shoveling a few sections of sidewalk, huffing and puffing and stopping to breathe. I must be getting in better shape!!
:kicking0:

L thigh- 20.5
r- 20.5
hips and butt-39.5
38.5 over t
r bi- 12
l bi- 11.5
waist-36

Trying to eat more fruit and veggies. Feel pretty darn good today.
My butt looks much better than it did when I started taking pics!

Camille Lore 02-24-2008 07:16 AM

Re: Camille the newb

OK, I actually rested yesterday even tho I wanted to do the WOD to see how much it would push me.
Today's wod is going to kill me!

I looked at this week's pics of me and I can really see the difference in my body 3 weeks into CF!! Yay! The scale isn't really moving, but my body is really changing!
If I can figure out how to post some wfs pics, I will.

Camille Lore 02-24-2008 01:30 PM

scaled back to buttercup today.
3 rounds:
run 400
dumbbell swing 15lbs
15 jumping pullups
run 400
dumbbell swing 20lbs
15 jumping pullups
run 400
dumbbell swing 20lbs
15 jumping pullups
14:05
don't think I coulda done 4 rounds

That little hill by the house kills me on runs. I had to jog/walk.

Camille Lore 02-25-2008 07:08 PM

As rx'd
40,50,70, 70lbs
50,50,50,70,70 lbs
50,50,50,70,70lbs (real struggle last set)

My l knee has a little twinge.
Also did 2 hr MA class.
Funny in the beginning of class, did some weird cardio warmup thing and the guys were struggling to breathe. Felt like I could go for a long time! YAY

Camille Lore 02-26-2008 12:11 PM

Puppies:
Four rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
25 Squats
15 Back Extensions

19:06. Used treadmill. Ran at about 5.6mph. 1 flight of stairs between treadmill and back ext. stand.
Just took a few breaths before and after back exts.
Felt sooooooo pumped after!! :pepper:

Camille Lore 02-27-2008 06:35 AM

Tried to grease the groove for pullups this morning when I came downstairs and I slightly pulled something! Whoops :rofl: I'm trying to figure out how to get some duct tape to cover up the support in our bathroom so I can do pullups each time I go in there... that should help a lot!
I was talking to someone on the Daily Plate about my calorie intake, just to check and he said that a nutritionist told him that he should be getting 4000 a day. I'm going to up mine to about 2100. My weight's not changing, but my body REALLY changed in the past 3 wks. I'd like to try zone, but I don't even know what a block is and I REALLY don't want to have to read a book to figure out how to eat!
One of the coworkers is talking about trying to get a treadmill downstairs.... heh- it's a start! Then I'll work a pullup bar in... and some kettlebells! lol
Oh btw.. my beige/green dress pants are no longer stretched tight across my waist!

Veronica Davis 02-27-2008 07:09 AM

Hey Camille

Welcome to crossfit. Looks like you are really enjoying it. I have a workout log on here as well.

Camille Lore 02-27-2008 10:08 AM

I'm lovin' it! Thanks for the welcome! I think I checked out you log when I first started..time to recheck it and glean more info!
Just calculated my blocks on the zone website- I have 34% bodyfat? Damn....

Camille Lore 02-28-2008 11:20 AM

Week 4 of CF. Resting today and next few days at 1/2 intensity.
Snowboard tonight.
I upped most of my WOD's to puppy and last night I felt like I was hit with a ton of bricks. Took an aspirin and felt better, but I think it's good to rest a bit and repair.

My green dress pants are still tight around my waist..
I can't believe I'm 34% bodyfat.

Just starting to try to eat in the zone... I'll have to be more careful with my grocery list-I don't have some things that would make it easier...

Ryan Jones 02-28-2008 02:26 PM

If you're really going to try the zone, the best thing I did was buy a scale. I went to the grocery store, asked for 5 oz of chicken, and they said 'whats an ounce?' I tell them its .3125 lbs, and they're still confused. So a scale is very helpful. Oh and if you still don't know what a block is, its 7g protein, 9g carb, 3g fat. Good luck!