CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Competitions (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Live Stream (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=69048)

David Meverden 07-29-2011 07:40 PM

Re: Live Stream

They must have cut a deal with ESPN 3 to restrict other coverage.

Well that is really aggravating! The competition is going on all weekend. I planned a get together with friends to watch some of the competition, but I didn't know that only very specific 3 hour periods would have coverage that was worth anything. Grr!

Alexander Kornishev 07-29-2011 08:11 PM

that really sucks, last year they did such an amazing job of covering games online. I guess that's what happens when corporations take control. Really how many people are watching ESPN3?

Justin McCallon 07-29-2011 11:56 PM

[QUOTE=David Meverden;967550]They must have cut a deal with ESPN 3 to restrict other coverage.

Well that is really aggravating! The competition is going on all weekend. I planned a get together with friends to watch some of the competition, but I didn't know that only very specific 3 hour periods would have coverage that was worth anything. Grr![/QUOTE]

The ESPN3 coverage is decently good and pretty comprehensive, especially for the Men's Individual Competitions. Someone posted a way to access it in the Live Stream thread in case you don't have one of the good ISPs. You can watch the replays at any time (so, basically ESPN3 has its own archive).

Milton Brisson 07-30-2011 12:37 AM

[QUOTE=Rebecca Roth;967535]They're doing it, just only on the ESPN3 feed :/[/QUOTE]

That is WACK!!! I was hoping to see more of the games this year....its going to be tough!:mad:

Jeryd Leuck 07-30-2011 05:57 AM

I actually watched the ESPN3 stream last night - it was actually really good.

Boy was it pain full watching the men that had trouble with the last lift - goot on them for pushing through!

Alexander Kornishev 07-30-2011 06:08 AM

[QUOTE=Justin McCallon;967618]The ESPN3 coverage is decently good and pretty comprehensive, especially for the Men's Individual Competitions. Someone posted a way to access it in the Live Stream thread in case you don't have one of the good ISPs. You can watch the replays at any time (so, basically ESPN3 has its own archive).[/QUOTE]

Thank you! The workaround works!

Brandon Head 07-30-2011 07:09 AM

I agree on all the above. I'm not one to complain normally but I think we deserve some answers on whats going on. The ESPN coverage was reminiscent of last year in that there was commentary, timing, explanation, etc. It was exciting to watch. That being said, I basically wasted my day sitting around watching crappy feeds and "live" video with background announcing when I could've caught up in 3 hrs. Is this what happens when you sign a deal with ESPN? As an "investor" in CrossFit I would expect bigger and better which is usually the case. I'm just fairly disappointed thus far with the way the real time has been handled and lack of explanation as to why. Hopefully today will bring new things. Good luck to all the competitors!

Benji Whitehead 07-31-2011 09:29 AM

Live Stream on the PS3 is AMAZING!!