CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A Bears Tale (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=28937)

Ernie Guevara 10-11-2009 08:07 AM

Re: A Bears Tale

Good job on kempies challenge mate! That's definitely a tough one with those squat clean thrusters. I know that's the part that's gonna do me in! Are saving Fran for tomorrow? I'm gonna hit it today and try my best to finally get in the 3 minute range. Oh and about the shorts, those are my " I just built me a pair of parallettes and couldn't wait to use them" shorts! I managed to only get 2 hspu in a row with them. Ten times harder. I'm not sure if my head is supposed to touch the floor or not but that's how I did them. Good stuff!

Lee Hill 10-11-2009 08:44 AM

NIce challenge score Scott,:highfive: things started to go a bit sideways from round 2 with me also. I did swings with 25KG dumbell and they caned me. Leon is always on my case for not getting enough leg and hip into my swing.

Leon Robotham 10-11-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Hill (Post 678197)
NIce challenge score Scott,:highfive: things started to go a bit sideways from round 2 with me also. I did swings with 25KG dumbell and they caned me. Leon is always on my case for not getting enough leg and hip into my swing.

It's for not extending the knee and the hip fella, when you hit it right the swing is almost effortless. You did pretty well with the 2 pood the other night during the chipper but you have to be consistent with the reps.

Leon Robotham 10-11-2009 08:53 AM

Awesome work on FGB and the challenge mate. That FGB must have hurt big time!

Scott Jenkins 10-11-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse Emers (Post 678152)
Awesome stuff with the rxFGB Scott, thats a great score. Thats a nice score on the weekly challenge as well. I can tell that one is going to hurt my insides alot. The heavy SQT and swing combo seem like a recipe for pain.

Thanks Jesse, two very hard workouts there, getting hard to keep up with main page right now. Good to hit FGB in an affiliate with a real box to jump onto, my numbers went down so badly after using a bench press bench to jump on before, its good to show up a weakness to work on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernie Guevara (Post 678184)
Good job on kempies challenge mate! That's definitely a tough one with those squat clean thrusters. I know that's the part that's gonna do me in! Are saving Fran for tomorrow? I'm gonna hit it today and try my best to finally get in the 3 minute range. Oh and about the shorts, those are my " I just built me a pair of parallettes and couldn't wait to use them" shorts! I managed to only get 2 hspu in a row with them. Ten times harder. I'm not sure if my head is supposed to touch the floor or not but that's how I did them. Good stuff!

You will be fine with it Ernie, probably beat my score, for some reason the swings really hurt in this combo and the C2B pull ups felt like the rest. Good luck with Fran, I will be hitting her tomorrow, not decided whether to go at her C2B or normal as normal hurts much more.

Nice looking parallettes, look a lot like Richards and your hands look about level with your shoulders at the bottom so thats all good. Your shorts look like golfers shorts. PS my DIY skills are severely lacking and you would not catch me upside down on anything I built myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Hill (Post 678197)

Thanks Lee, I see your score and was gunning for it, went off at a 9 round pace but could not keep it up, after 4 minutes I knew it wasnt happening. Great work on your 8 plus rounds, you must of been flying on that 1st round to get it in 35 seconds, I done it all consecutive, touch n go etc and got 55 seconds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon Robotham (Post 678204)
Awesome work on FGB and the challenge mate. That FGB must have hurt big time!

Thanks Leon, the FGB hurt a lot more than the challenge, more muscular pain on that one.

Everyone at the affiliate really laughed at me after I finished FGB, I was really trying to talk but couldnt get anything understandable out, the beer afterwards definately tasted good.

Leon Robotham 10-11-2009 09:12 AM

I really appreciate a nice cold beer after a pretty taxing session, it's heaven haha

Scott Jenkins 10-11-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon Robotham (Post 678216)
I really appreciate a nice cold beer after a pretty taxing session, it's heaven haha

We do it every Friday now at the box, as soon as the last man is finished out come the Stella's.

Nik Nichols 10-12-2009 06:56 AM

Great job on the FGB and challenge. You are a beast Scott. I don't think I have broke 300 yet.

Matthew Green 10-12-2009 07:38 AM

Todays CFFB workout looks pretty pointless for me 21-15-9 of bench and dips....... which in my sub world would be dips and dips. Might have a go at Kempies challange, haven't done swings in this gym yet, I may be there for some time tonight attempting to explain 'what muscles' i'm using ;)

Nik Nichols 10-12-2009 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Green (Post 678508)
Todays CFFB workout looks pretty pointless for me 21-15-9 of bench and dips....... which in my sub world would be dips and dips. Might have a go at Kempies challange, haven't done swings in this gym yet, I may be there for some time tonight attempting to explain 'what muscles' i'm using ;)

You could do pushups for bench.