CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A Bears Tale (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=28937)

Richard Vanmeerbeek 03-30-2008 08:20 AM

Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins (Post 282548)
RUN 5K
last time 21.02

BACK SQUAT
60k (132lb) x 15
80k (176lb) x 10
100k (220lb) x 6
120k (264lb) x 2. Not a PR but going Xfit deep now!

Thank you for the support Scott. There's just a time to rest. Crossfit makes you want to break PRs all the time, but we have to be careful not to break ourselves right :D

I feel you on the wrist pain, and the neck too, had that last week.

Congrats on the real squats, doesn't it feel great to break parallel ? I thank Crossfit for that, I wonder what I was doing in the past dude.

We have practically the same strength, I like that haha. You're my true online competition for the WODs, seriously !

:evilsmile

Richard Vanmeerbeek 03-31-2008 05:55 AM

TIME FOR FRAN ! haha

How come you encountered it just one time ? I did it once a month since I started crossfitting, that means I had 4 frans. There were consequences to my sub 3 minute tho, it made me cough for the rest of the day. :p

I'm going to do this one as soon as I feel recovered !

I'm not worried about you today man, you beat me at FGB, I'm sure you will make a gigantic improvement at Fran. Keep the good form and ROM on your thrusters, because when that deteriorates, it all goes downhill from there ^^

Get some ! :highfive:

Scott Jenkins 03-31-2008 10:30 AM

Monday 31st March

FRAN

Thrusters / Chins 21/15/9 = 7.22.83 (previous 7.47)

Pathetic! Just dont get why this WOD is so hard for me. MUST DO LOADS OF WORK ON THRUSTERS. I seem to stop breathing every time i go down and i was not that tired at the end, i just could not go any faster!!:shrug:

Note to Richard V. I went past your time before i got the first 21 Thrusters.

Weighted Ring Dips x4
4k, 8k, 12k, 20k 2 reps.
Tried some HSPU but had nothing left.

Richard Vanmeerbeek 03-31-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins (Post 283088)

Note to Richard V. I went past your time before i got the first 21 Thrusters.

That's strange. How do you perform your thrusters ? Like a fluid movement or do you clearly separate front squat and push press ?

A good fran is all about getting those thrusters sets fast and unbroken. We have a very similar squat, so I'd guess it has something to do with your overhead lifts ?

You don't feel overtrained or anything ? I'll be enjoying my extra day off tomorrow partner :D

Scott Jenkins 04-01-2008 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Vanmeerbeek (Post 283164)
That's strange. How do you perform your thrusters ? Like a fluid movement or do you clearly separate front squat and push press ?

A good fran is all about getting those thrusters sets fast and unbroken. We have a very similar squat, so I'd guess it has something to do with your overhead lifts ?

You don't feel overtrained or anything ? I'll be enjoying my extra day off tomorrow partner :D

I believe Thrusters puts together a combination of all my stability/flexibility problems. When i do my Front Squats and OHS i go down very very slow in order not to tip forward. This problem comes from years and stupid years of squats with my heals on a block of wood. Lastly my hands and wrists feel bruised and strained due to the front squat grip / false grip which means Yes Richard my Thrusters are broken on the way up and the way down and when i rush them i tip forward , which then stops my breathing. :mad: SO MUCH TO LEARN IN SO LITTLE TIME.. These problems are now my April goal. MAY 1ST FRAN UNDER FIVE

Scott Jenkins 04-01-2008 10:28 AM

Tuesday 1st April
FRONT SQUAT
3-3-3-3-3
50k-60k-70k-80k-85k(PR) Still going onto toes too much. My rack is the main thing holding me back. Very painful hands and thumbs.

Weakness WOD
OHS 40kg
Push ups
Split Jerk 40k 21-15-9 11.10.34

Next its over the Rugby field for todays posted WOD

4 x 800m 2 min rest
2.51 2.44 2.46 2.37 :) Cheered me up after yesterdays disaster!

Scott Jenkins 04-02-2008 09:35 AM

Wednesday 2nd April

WOD Five Rounds

30 Glute Ham Sit-ups
25 Good Mornings 65lb (30kg) 19.12
Not rushed as the Glute Ham sit-ups is totally new exercise.

Window Wipers 60k x 30
All mid section core work as the rest of my body is hurting.

Richard Vanmeerbeek 04-02-2008 11:21 AM

The rest day is welcome, isn't it !? :)

Scott Jenkins 04-04-2008 06:52 AM

Friday 4th April
GWEN
Clean & Jerk 15/12/9
55k (121lb). Not too much problem should have gone heavier.

JACKIE Row 1000m , 45lb Thrusters x50, 30 pull ups
8.51, last time 10.27:kicking0:

Needed that after an almost rest day yesterday. Mainly practised free standing hand stand, half hour best hold was about 5-10 seconds.

Cheers Rich, sometimes i need to be told to rest, can be so hyper active, my garden looks great now though!

Richard Vanmeerbeek 04-04-2008 07:38 AM

Holy cow, you did another WOD after Gwen ?! That's mad AND you broke your PR :highfive:

It's funny, because I was hesitating between 55k and 60k for Gwen. After seeing the video on the main page (have you seen that guy ?!) I just told myself "what the heck" and chose 60, which was good, but 62,5 would've been perfect from the beginning, it was challenging I like this kind of workout.

It's on for tomorrow mate :)