CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Stuff and Nonsense (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   When do you wash your clothes ? (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=86316)

Mark Lamoree 03-27-2014 12:14 PM

Re: When do you wash your clothes ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Golden (Post 1221686)
:yeahthat:
Most of the time my stuff goes straight in the washer when I get home. If they sit in the dirty clothes for even a couple days they start to get pretty ripe.

I also found during the summer my stuff will get nasty just sitting in the car all day, I work out before work. And I even had some problems with them stinking even after washing. They'd be totally fine until I'd get warmed up and it was like the first drop of sweat just unleashed a massive stink bomb. I had to start dumping baking soda on worth loads and even soaked some particularly nasty shirts in vinegar

During the warm months, on occasions when I can't just throw clothes straight in the washer, I usually lay the dirty clothes out in the back of my pick-up. The sunlight dries them out, and kills enough bacteria that when I leave for the day, they are dry and stench-free enough to pack up.

As a general rule, though, I don't let the sweaty clothes sit in the hamper for more than a day.

Boris Wartenberg 03-31-2014 05:33 AM

I can not re-wear stuff I have been wearing during a workout, wether it is CrossFit, biking or jogging.... And they will "smell" even if I did not sweat that much... But I do have to wash and clean them after using them.

Dare Vodusek 03-15-2015 08:21 AM

Looking for some tips on how to wash away the stains, since sport fabric should not be washed over 30C.

My UA white underwear have a bit of stains on the "common" place and I cant get rid of it, tried google tips with vinegar, etc..no success.

I know I should only wear them once, but for this I am too late...will do so in the future...

Nik Nichols 03-24-2015 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boris Wartenberg (Post 1226273)
I can not re-wear stuff I have been wearing during a workout, wether it is CrossFit, biking or jogging.... And they will "smell" even if I did not sweat that much... But I do have to wash and clean them after using them.

Agreed!! i cant wear them again at all till they are clean.

Blair Robert Lowe 03-25-2015 12:39 AM

When they don't pass the smell test. Roughly once a week and usually air dry most stuff.

Then again, not really sweating that much because you know...Weightlifting and it's been cold/cooler.

Again, must pass the smell test. Kinda silly to take a shower and come to the gym clean and smell like ***.