CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Injuries (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   extremly sore (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=81498)

Kyle Borowsky 04-14-2013 01:19 PM

extremly sore

Haven't done crossfit in a while. Just started up again this past week and after one of my workouts my biceps are extrmely sore. more so than they have ever been in the past. can't fully bend my arms and the pain doesn't seem to be getting any better since 3 days ago. any suggestions

Jeff Enge 04-14-2013 02:32 PM

Re: extremly sore

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Borowsky (Post 1158082)
Haven't done crossfit in a while. Just started up again this past week and after one of my workouts my biceps are extrmely sore. more so than they have ever been in the past. can't fully bend my arms and the pain doesn't seem to be getting any better since 3 days ago. any suggestions

I take it you did pullups? Take it easy a few days and they should be fine. Just make sure you keep stretching them out.

Kyle Borowsky 04-14-2013 03:17 PM

day 1 my workout was deadlifts and hand-stand push-ups
day 2 my workout was thruster and pull-ups

Jeff Enge 04-14-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Borowsky (Post 1158089)
day 1 my workout was deadlifts and hand-stand push-ups
day 2 my workout was thruster and pull-ups

Really, you can say Diane and Fran and its easier that way. Doesnt really matter what it was I guess, my advice is still the same. Besides the questionable programming of coming off a layoff with two straight benchmark workouts, as long as you dont have obvious rhabdo symptoms youll just have to let your arms loosen themselves back up.

Edit: didnt mean to sound harsh, just saw that thats what mainsite had programmed. Still think you should ease into it if youve been off for awhile.

Jerol Roberts 05-03-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Borowsky (Post 1158082)

same thing happened to me after I did murph for the first time. took a full week for the soreness to go away, 7 days!

Courtney Kercheval 05-07-2013 05:19 PM

Doesn't anyone stretch or use any mobility techniques before a WOD? It should be routine to help. Foam roll your muscles before and after even if you feel like you don't need it. Also, if it's taking 3-7 days to recover, I would suggest lightening the load or checking your diet. A bad diet doesn't help recovery as you won't be able to get the proper nutrients to the desired place in your body. If things are really bad, i.e. the tendons where I bend my arms get sore after awhile, tack on a few days of Bikram yoga. Bikram really helps in ALL aspects: injury, tennis elbow, tendonitis, cardiovascular, respiratory, etc.