CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rogue Econ Rack (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=80315)

Jose Sanchez 02-09-2013 01:43 PM

Rogue Econ Rack

Don't know if you all seen Rogue's facebook post on this. They made a econ rack, 2x2 tubing, length/width/depth same as the R-4. I guess a name for it maybe ER-4. They are unsure if they want to actually produce them. I think it is a great idea, especially if they have band pegs, matador, and plate holders.

I have a R-4, don't think I can afford another but if an Econ version came out I'd jump all over it.

What do you all think? Yah or Nay for Rogue to build for us?

Dan Thomas 02-09-2013 02:00 PM

Re: Rogue Econ Rack

I commented on the FB post. I would *love* to see an ER-3, and would buy it in a heartbeat as long as I could get a matador & band pegs for it. In a heartbeat.

Bill estimated an ER-4 to be $100-$150 less than the R-4. I wonder how that would translate to the R-3.

He also mentioned Louie Simmons using 2x2 tubed cages, and that all Rogue racks are tested at at least 1000#. If those are facts... why wouldn't we want them to make this?

Bill, are you listening? BILL? ;)

Tim Trujillo 02-09-2013 03:44 PM

I posted all the same things too, make it expandable with attachments and let it rip. I have a bunch of people that workout in my garage and we need something affordable and ROGUE quality.

Dan Thomas 02-09-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Trujillo (Post 1135358)
I posted all the same things too, make it expandable with attachments and let it rip. I have a bunch of people that workout in my garage and we need something affordable and ROGUE quality.

He did mention the J-cups wouldn't have the plastic lining. Not sure why.

Bret Young 02-09-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Thomas (Post 1135361)
He did mention the J-cups wouldn't have the plastic lining. Not sure why.

Yeah, the j-cups for the ES-1 dont have the option for plastic peices either.

I have thought about buying the econ squat stand, but really wish they had the plastic inserts to protect my bar.

I know the ES-1 and the ER-1 econ setups are less sturdy than the infinity and monster setups, but for those on a budget I feel these setups are a good bargain. I feel if Rogue built the accessories to mount to these setups, they would sell easily.

I would gladly buy the j-cups with the plastic inserts, side plate storage, etc.

Dan Thomas 02-09-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bret Young (Post 1135385)
I feel if Rogue built the accessories to mount to these setups, they would sell easily.

I would gladly buy the j-cups with the plastic inserts, side plate storage, etc.

Ditto that.

Jose Sanchez 02-09-2013 06:21 PM

I did see everyone's post on FB. I have an R-4 and its a beast, but if I could do it again and the Econ was an option I would just save a little more and get 2 econs. Good stuff everyone. I'm sure Bill and the crew will see this.

Wayne Richard 02-09-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose Sanchez (Post 1135396)
I did see everyone's post on FB. I have an R-4 and its a beast, but if I could do it again and the Econ was an option I would just save a little more and get 2 econs. Good stuff everyone. I'm sure Bill and the crew will see this.

Will be saving my coaching earnings for a while, if one of these babies gets released!

Chris Jones 02-11-2013 04:19 AM

I originally wanted an Econ squat rack, but wanted the option of a pullup bar. Had to go with the S2 to get it and i freakin love it so far, rock solid and a great looking piece as well.

Steven Nedorolik 02-11-2013 08:11 AM

I think Rogue is missing out on not expanding the Econ line.

They would sell tons of ES-2s and ER-3s

Theres a LOT of people out there that want Rogue, but can't afford the standard line and have no need for 1k+ lb strength ratings.