CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Pukie's Bucket (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Stop Injuriing human bodies (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=66972)

Jeffrey Liu 05-06-2011 02:02 PM

Re: Stop Injuriing human bodies

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen (Post 933919)
Dude. I drink GOOD bourbon. It doesn't need to be wasted when I spit it on my keyboard.

Well then maybe you should stop sitting in front of your keyboard drinking bourbon, and go lift something heavy? Yeah, totally called you on it.

Please don't hurt me...

Tamara Cohen 05-06-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Liu (Post 933920)
Well then maybe you should stop sitting in front of your keyboard drinking bourbon, and go lift something heavy? Yeah, totally called you on it.

Please don't hurt me...

It's a rest day. And, I am watching someone else lift while I drink my bourbon. My degree taught me to be able to do two things at once: drink, watch, drink, watch. Four Roses bourbon. I recommend it.

Dustin Knight 05-06-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth Kowalski (Post 933882)
What college degree (major) do owners of this "Cross Fit" maintain or do they take the charge of human body without knowledge of human physiology and anatomy?

I noticed a post on a major social media website from a gentleman telling his friends that he got injured during his first visit to a CrossFit facility. One of the coaches of this particular facility prescribed the 135lb newcomer to perform 44 reps with 155lbs on deadlifts coupled with other movements being performed at at a high intensity. That particular coach also happens to hold a degree in Athletic Training/Rehab & Injury Prevention. Does it take a degree to know that you don't throw a newcomer into a WOD with 155lb deadlifts when he weighs 135lbs? It's not CrossFit that hurts people, just poor coaching. Just as all Physicians are not responsible for other Physicians' poor judgement, all CrossFit Box owners are not responsible for the poor coaching of other Box owners that hurt athletes.

Marcus Allen 05-06-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

It's a rest day. And, I am watching someone else lift while I drink my bourbon. My degree taught me to be able to do two things at once: drink, watch, drink, watch.
I'm no math major but if you throw in inter-web ninja-ing, that's 3 effin things.

At once!

J. Thomas Boss 05-06-2011 04:47 PM

I don't think the OP is a troll because she took the effort to establish an account with the company. My guesses are Elizabeth is:

(1) A plant from HQ CF to see who are loyal, or
(2) An agent from P90X, Insanity, or Gym Jones to stir the pot, or most likely
(3) CJ Kim's real identity :yikes:

Pearse Shields 05-06-2011 04:56 PM

Working towards a bachelor's degree at the moment, yo.

But more on topic, where is the birth certificate of these "coaches"? I smell a conspiracy.

Brent Sallee 05-06-2011 05:45 PM

Honestly, the OP has a point. I've seen so many CF trainers and owners give people orders on what to do, which is the exact opposite of what they should do. To be a good coach, you need to know some anatomy.