CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Jeremy's Journal (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=11642)

Jeremy Froley 07-13-2006 09:18 PM

Thursday 060713

warm-up:
4 rounds of:
15 dislocates
15 broomstick o-head squats
15 front and side leg kicks
samson stretch

"Linda"

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of the triplet:

Deadlift: 1 1/2 body weight
Bench press: body weight
Clean: 3/4 body weight

Set up three bars and storm through for time.

BWT = 182.5
Deadlift = 280 lbs.
Bench press = 185 lbs.
Clean = 140 lbs.

Time = 27:50 (:51 seconds slower than best)

I felt a lot better about this time after my last "linda" performance! Last time i died and got 41something after doing it in 26:59 my first time. So i am moving back toward where i started and hopefully i'll knock out a new PR next time. I'm actually shocked i got the time i did as sore as my chest was with the barrage of bench pressing of late!!! Between that and the 190 push-ups yesterday, my front delts and pecs are DONE!!!

Anthony Bainbridge 07-14-2006 03:52 AM

That's an awesome time for linda, you put me to shame!

Jeremy Froley 07-14-2006 11:15 PM

Friday 060714

CFWU x 2 (minus back extensions and sit-ups)

For time:
Run 800 meters
100 Sit-ups
100 Back extensions
Run 800 meters

subs - none

time = 15:51

Well, i think it went very well considering each back extension was very painful because of some very sore "linda induced" spinal erectors and a funny gait on the runs for the same reason!!

Anthony - Thank you. I sure didn't feel like i was putting anyone to shame while i was doing it!! I'm actually surprised that my time is better than yours on this one...i figured you would smoke my *** on Linda!!

Jeremy Froley 07-16-2006 01:06 PM

Sunday 060716

WU = 2 rounds of:
samson stretch
o-head squats (15)
dislocates (15)
leg kicks (15)

"Fran"

Three rounds, 21-15- and 9 reps, for time of:
95 pound Thruster
Pull-ups

subs = none

time = 4:57 (PR by :38 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I don't have much to say...to finally get under 5 minutes is huge to me. I'm pretty much on cloud nine right now!! And this on a day that i'm not feeling to well, also. I'll float around on my cloud for the rest of the day and then get back to work on the goal of 4 minutes.

It's hard to put into words the effectiveness of crossfit. To start this at the end of March and go from 7:35 to 4:57 in four attempts at Fran is unbelievable to me. All i can say is that IT WORKS..and in a big way!!!!

Santos Reyes 07-16-2006 10:57 PM

Fran just gave me an old fashion ***-waxing at the 24. But given the circumstances I will take the 5:45 as a step foward.

Anthony Bainbridge 07-17-2006 05:23 AM

Awesome, congrats on the sub 5! Now on to sub 4!!

I'm not happy I missed this one, because I'm itching to give her a shot after my last few crappy times ... but maybe if the ME squats don't kill me tonight, I'll give it a shot tomorrow ... hmmmm ....

Jeremy Froley 07-17-2006 10:11 PM

Monday 060717

CFWU x 3 (minus dips)

Complete as many rounds in twenty minutes as you can of:
95 pound Squat clean, 10 reps
10 Dips

subs - none

rounds = a paltry 8

Damn!! This one smoked me. I think i blew everything i had yesterday on Fran, because i didn't have much from the get go on this one. I spent a lot of times at the squat cleans and not much time at the dips!! I think the fact that i don't yet have my bumpers screws this one up a bit, also. With the diameter of iron 25 lb. plates, it's a lot further to the ground!!!

I think i will go for a 5K row tomorrow as i'm a little nervous about injuring my soleus on another distance run...don't want to head to the cert this weekend with a gimpy leg!!

Anthony- Thank you!! I'm looking forward to your PR on Fran!

Anthony Bainbridge 07-18-2006 04:19 AM

I was secretly hoping I would miss Fran this round, but when faced with the choice of 5k or Fran ... I'm going with Fran!! I don't know if I can hit a PR today after ME squats, but I'm going to hit this hard. No stopping unless I die.

Jeremy Froley 07-19-2006 07:40 AM

Tuesday 060718

CFWU x 2

Run 5 K

subs - rowed a 5K instead

time = 23:59

, rowing is tough!!! This was the first time i've ever done a workout on the C2 and it hurt EVERYWHERE. I'll take this pain over a potential running injury anytime, though!! I forgot to look up on the boards what CFers use as the resistance setting, but i vaguely remembered reading 4, so that's what i went with. I didn't know what to expect for a time or what a good 5K time is, but at least i have a starting point now.

Jeremy Froley 07-20-2006 10:05 PM

Thursday 060720

WU = 3 rounds of:
samson stretch
sit-ups
back extensions
dislocates

Five rounds for time of:
75 pound Snatch, 3 reps
75 pound Overhead squat, 15 reps
Run 400 meters

subs - none

time = 18:07

Later the same day...

5 x 5 weighted pull-ups
35 x 5
45 x 5
55 x 5
65 x 5
75 x 5
wanted to do more weight, but this particular gym only went up to 75 lb DBs!!!

Well, i felt good about the time on the WOD. Everything felt great as far as form goes and the weight felt really light. If it weren't for running i would have loved the entire workout!! I added the pull-ups later in the day because: a) i like weighted pull-ups a lot, and b) i feel like we don't do enough of them. And do you see what i get for that...weighted pull-ups the very next day!!! It works out well, though, because i am taking tomorrow off completely to fly down to San Diego for the cert seminar and i want to be fresh for that. I am a little torn, though, as tomorrows WOD looks really fun!!