CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Health and Medical Issues (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Knee crepitus anyone? (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=83383)

Aaron Neitz 07-29-2013 06:14 PM

Knee crepitus anyone?

Anyone dealt with crepitus of the knees? I've had it for years, and it's pretty loud. No pain associated with it, just lots of crunch. If there was ever a zombie apocalypse, I'd never be able to sneak up some stairs because the noise would give me away.

I'm actively trying to solve it know. Have some MobilityWOD for the knee, am taking glucosamine supplements, and ordered some rehband knee sleeves to keep them warm during squats.... I'd love to hear if anyone has overcome their crepitus.

Christopher Morris 07-30-2013 04:00 PM

Re: Knee crepitus anyone?

Nope. I have crepitus but haven't done anything yet to overcome it. It sounds like you've got a few ideas to start. I'll follow your thread to see if others have overcome crepitus.

Rob Poling Jr 07-30-2013 05:24 PM

I had it 20 years ago and it use to occur when I squatted but it hasn't occurred in years. What caused it to go away I couldn't say.

John C Blattner 07-31-2013 05:15 AM

You don't mention your age. I'm 60, had crepitus in both knees for years. The only thing that got rid of it was total right knee replacement surgery last December. Right knee is now quiet, left knee still makes noise though it doesn't hurt.

Aaron Neitz 07-31-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John C Blattner (Post 1182862)
You don't mention your age. I'm 60, had crepitus in both knees for years. The only thing that got rid of it was total right knee replacement surgery last December. Right knee is now quiet, left knee still makes noise though it doesn't hurt.

ah, of course. I'm 36. I've had it for as long as I can think back.... at least 5 years ago I really noticed it. No pain in my knees, and I can ATG squat no problems....

Aaron Neitz 07-31-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John C Blattner (Post 1182862)

ah, of course. I'm 36. I've had it for as long as I can think back.... at least 5 years ago I really noticed it. No pain in my knees, and I can ATG squat no problems....

Blaise Davis 07-31-2013 07:11 PM

probably lack of cartilage from being worn away or injured cartilages that is a little stretched or torn and cant keep it all tight as in normal people or doesn't cushion the joint enough....I have it to....as long as no pain and not affecting anything take care of it and continue until we break ha

Bill M. Hesse 08-08-2013 09:35 PM

My knees have a little bit too. If there is no pain then I wouldn't be that concerned.

Christopher Morris 09-07-2013 11:04 AM

I just had my first ever chiropractic adjustment yesterday. I got pops all through my neck and back. He also did a good quick pull on each leg. My left leg popped at the hip, knee and ankle. Right leg only popped at the hip.

Today's workout (included squats and lunges): no knee crepitus. Pretty cool.

Christopher Morris 09-18-2013 11:17 AM

... after a few days the crepitus crept back in. I just got knee bands, which have helped. When I wear them I get one click in the left knee when coming up out of a squat. Without the knee bands it's crinkly all the way down and all the way up.

So chiro and knee bands help.