CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Shane Atkinson 06-19-2010 08:13 AM

Re: Nik

Good looking OHS there Nik. I still need to work those in sometime.

Richard Macaulay 06-19-2010 08:50 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;799112]Ten rounds, each for time of:
100 meter Sprint
Rest 90 seconds

That was fun. My right glut and ham are real sore, not pull, just really worked. Both sides are sore, left more so. Warm up those hams people!!

Oh yea Laurie, you have to beat 15.75.[/QUOTE]

Great sprints mate. I ahd a clietn run these the other day (15 of them), his fastes was 11.01. I would be hoping for around 12 myself. Probably a huge drop off after that though lol.

Great OHS to.

Ricky

Nik Nichols 06-19-2010 06:38 PM

[QUOTE=Shane Atkinson;799399]Good looking OHS there Nik. I still need to work those in sometime.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Richard Macaulay;799407]Great sprints mate. I ahd a clietn run these the other day (15 of them), his fastes was 11.01. I would be hoping for around 12 myself. Probably a huge drop off after that though lol.

Great OHS to.

Ricky[/QUOTE]

Thanks Guys, the OHSs were great, I had Marting with me and had the idea that if he was to big a distraction, I'd settel for a good weight that I could do with out to much trouble. How do you go heavy as you can and have a 3yo boy on a trike rolling arround you?

Well he was great, and as always, not a bother. So that ended up a 5lbs PR and I stopped, I had more in the tank. It felt great.

The sprints. I just ran as hard as I could, and tried to just keep the pace up all the way through each run and go as hard as I could each time and lean into the run. I have no real running skill.

MY LEGS ARE SMOKED!! Anyone elses hams and glutes screaming?

Jay Rhodes 06-19-2010 07:34 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;799588] MY LEGS ARE SMOKED!! Anyone elses hams and glutes screaming?[/QUOTE]

Mine are! Entirely different reasons....Mine is the quad, glutes, and adductors a little bit from all those heavy front squats. Did you see that one??
21-18-15-12-9-6-3 of 185# front squats and pullups....DOMS like nobody's business...

Any time sprinting gets thrown into crossfit it always smoked people's legs. Not used to running up high on the toes, or at that pace for that matter. Takes a lot to get used to. I remember being sore for weeks when starting up a new track season.

Good stuff on the OHS. Gotta be very aware with the little guy on the trike!

Nik Nichols 06-21-2010 06:15 AM

[QUOTE=Jay Rhodes;799609]Mine are! Entirely different reasons....Mine is the quad, glutes, and adductors a little bit from all those heavy front squats. Did you see that one??
21-18-15-12-9-6-3 of 185# front squats and pullups....DOMS like nobody's business...

Any time sprinting gets thrown into crossfit it always smoked people's legs. Not used to running up high on the toes, or at that pace for that matter. Takes a lot to get used to. I remember being sore for weeks when starting up a new track season.

Good stuff on the OHS. Gotta be very aware with the little guy on the trike![/QUOTE]

Thanks Jay, any time I bring my son I always keep in mind I may not be giving all intensity, that is ok, that is real life. It is more fun having him with me and scaling a workout then not having him wirth me. He is great.

Nik Nichols 06-21-2010 06:17 AM

I'm tired this morning, I'm going off 5 hours sleep today. Dragging a little.

No warm up this morning. I will warm up some at 10:00 I guess. I'm feeling a bit run down, not bad, just a bit, alergies are a bit tough today and this weekend.

Scott Jenkins 06-21-2010 06:25 AM

Hope the allergies aren't too bad Nik, you hitting todays main page WOD still, it looks like a quick burner with a consecutive burpees challenge :stir:

Nik Nichols 06-21-2010 06:27 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;800022]Hope the allergies aren't too bad Nik, you hitting todays main page WOD still, it looks like a quick burner with a consecutive burpees challenge :stir:[/QUOTE]

Thanks, alergies aren't to bad, hust a bit heavy if you know what I mean, a bit conjested.

Oh yea, in on the consecutive burpees!! The race is on!! I can't resist the stirry man!!

Nik Nichols 06-21-2010 08:23 AM

10:00 break
30 GHD's
30 Back ext 40 lbs( hams were screaming)
30 abmatt situps with 45lbs plate over head
30 OHS's with bar.

Ernie Guevara 06-21-2010 08:36 AM

I'm in on the consecutive burpees lol! I have a feeling the legs are gonna feel like jelly afterwards!