CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Testimonials (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I need you to guess what I weigh. (Pic) (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=67990)

Cameron Davis 06-16-2011 10:41 AM

I need you to guess what I weigh. (Pic)

Hello! I'm new here. This isn't quite a testimonial, but I wasn't sure where else to post. I've been crossfitting for about four months now. Did about 4 years of traditional bb type routine before this.

I love crossfit. I love where it's taken my body (not to mention my overall performance and health), but the number on the scale doesn't always sit right with me. I've dropped a good chunk of weight since I started, but I'm not trying to loose weight. It's just shedding off me. I was always skinny before I started hitting the gym, and up was the only place I wanted to go. Since starting crossfit, I've realized weight isn't quite so important compared to your performance, but it still shocks me when I look down at a smaller number every week. So... I know this seems superficial and I'm sorry this pic is so myspacetastic, but I would really appreciate your honest guess at what I weigh. I'm curious if perception lines up with the scale.

Tricia Magrini 06-16-2011 11:20 AM

Re: I need you to guess what I weigh. (Pic)

Well first off, how tall are you?

Cameron Davis 06-16-2011 11:23 AM

woops. I guess that would be helpful. I'm 5'10"

Tamara Cohen 06-16-2011 11:33 AM

I don't think you weigh more than 165. Regardless, you should gain at least 20 lbs, and then I will like you better.

Jason K Adams 06-16-2011 12:09 PM

I would have guessed about 155. I wrestled in highschool at 155 I was taller than you though.

I used to marvel at guys that would wrestle in my weight class. They looked like monsters. They were a few inches shorter and they seemed huge.

Stephen Smith 06-16-2011 12:13 PM

I'll guess 160 in that picture, and I'll ask what/how much you're eating...

Cameron Davis 06-16-2011 12:28 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'll let you know how close you all were a little later.

What/how I'm eating:
When I first started crossfit, I was eating junk. But my diet was always a ton of meat. So naturally, I figured paleo would be a good fit for me. I didn't try paleo to gain weight though, I just wanted to put better fuel in my body. So at this point I'm kinda paleo (i add milk and some occasional goat cheese). I eat a ton of steak, ground turkey, and bacon. I squeeze in frozen vegetables when I can. And I eat a lot of nuts. I won't eat much during the day because I have trouble keeping it down during a wod. most of my eating is after the wod up until bedtime. I work nights though so it's not like I'm waiting till the end of my day to eat all my food.

Rebecca Roth 06-16-2011 03:13 PM

Yea, like everyone else has said, you look pretty small so I'd guess 150-160. Get yourself up to 180+ for serious.

Sean Dunston 06-16-2011 04:50 PM

I'm guessing 148#.

Michael Dowling 06-16-2011 05:09 PM

152 pounds