CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Stuff and Nonsense (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Life as Rx (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=57246)

William Jackson 04-13-2010 01:44 AM

Life as Rx

anyone see this site?
http://lifeasrx.com/asrx/mens.html/ wfs

absolute ****.
my chief complaints:

1) over priced

2) Toolish. reminds me of affliction shirts

3) this is the absolute worst. The "Heroes" T-shirt. this enrages me. it is basically just a shirt with the names of fallen soldiers printed on it, and sold for someone's personal profit. this exploitation of fallen patriots is sickening. why not leave the names off and just have a soldier on the shirt? oh yeah, because the names on the shirt leave people who arent "in the know" scratching their heads wondering who these men are, and makes you look super tough and mysterious, which brings me back to #2- it's toolish, because having names of people you never knew printed on your shirt because you think you are sweet, is just lame.
BUT HOLD THE PHONE! Willie, they are donating $5 dollars to the wounded warrior project for every shirt sold! they arent exploiting them for personal profit, they are doing it for our troops! how noble of their donation! Wrong! they charge the consumer $5 more for this one product compared to the other shirts (brings me back to #1). so you just paid their noble cause, while they get the props. they probably get a tax write-off for this as well.

@Life as Rx: you are a disrespectful company with horrible business ethics. i could have let 1 and 2 slide, but you have crossed the line.

Matt Payne 04-13-2010 05:43 AM

Re: Life as Rx

I have seen the site and actually bought a Crossfit Endurance shirt from them for $25 , which I did not think was too bad.( Checked the Crossfit .com prices lately?) I thought they had some decent shirts . I originally ordered the wrong one, had it shipped to me and then realized it was not the shirt I wanted. I admitted to my error and asked how I could return it . They let me keep the shirt in error admitting it was not clear on their site and sent me a new one , no charge. So I am not as angry with them as it seems you are.

Mark E. Wallace 04-13-2010 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William Jackson (Post 767811)
i could have let 1 and 2 slide, but you have crossed the line.

Then pipe down and don't buy from them. Nobody forced you to their site, and nobody is forcing you to buy from them. They don't need - and most likely don't care if they have - your approval.

- Mark

Damon Stewart 04-13-2010 06:18 AM

I've had nothing but good experiences with them. Their pricing seems in line with other high-quality shirts.

Jeff Yan 04-13-2010 06:20 AM

I agree. Everyone who wears these shirts looks like a complete butthead.

Except you, Mark. You look great. :D

Christy Labrie 04-13-2010 06:50 AM

I wish they had more shirts for women that wernt as "foo fooy".
I dont like the butterfly one, or the flower one.
I like the hunter gatherer one- but they are out of it. :(

ETA: I looked closer at the butterfly and flower one, and it is a bit better- But I still dont want either.

Mark E. Wallace 04-13-2010 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Yan (Post 767888)
Except you, Mark. You look great. :D

Well, sure...not me. I'd never look like a butthead.

Except for pretty much most of the time. :)

- Mark

James Childress 04-13-2010 08:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace (Post 767878)
Then pipe down and don't buy from them. Nobody forced you to their site, and nobody is forcing you to buy from them. They don't need - and most likely don't care if they have - your approval.

- Mark

Nobody forced you to read his thread, either. Who are you to tell him to "pipe down"?

I agree on the "Affliction" thing. But, alas, that and "Tapout" gear are en vogue.

This stuff screams....

Matt Payne 04-13-2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Childress (Post 767993)
Nobody forced you to read his thread, either. Who are you to tell him to "pipe down"?

I agree on the "Affliction" thing. But, alas, that and "Tapout" gear are en vogue.

This stuff screams....

Why does it? Not sure I understand the correlate between the shirts and your description? Maybe you can elaborate for us.

Jamie J. Skibicki 04-13-2010 09:05 AM

James,

Nobody forced you to read this thread about a t-shirt company nobody forced the op to look at which prompted Mark to give his unsolicted advice.

I'm being held captive by a gaggle of marathoners who are threatening to make me eat bagels if I don't post this. If that doesn't work, they will look me in a gym with no barbells, a bosu and natilus equipment. Please send help