CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 03-06-2009 10:43 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;534689]A coworker said ''All f-ing day.'':rofl:[/QUOTE]

There the same about me and my foam rolling and stretching, always on the fookin floor they say.

Nik Nichols 03-06-2009 11:50 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;534719]There the same about me and my foam rolling and stretching, always on the fookin floor they say.[/QUOTE]

Yea, but who's in better shape?!

Nick Harris 03-06-2009 11:50 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;534525]Heres 'Pumped Up Jackie' - from navyseals site

2000m Row
25 Thrusters 65lb
25 Pull ups
1000m Row
50 thrusters 45lb
50 Pull ups

You sure you do not want to do this version Nik?[/QUOTE]

I'll be doing that for sure! Thanks for the information.

Nik Nichols 03-06-2009 11:55 AM

"Jackie"

1000 meter row(subbed 45lbs sumo high pulls)
45 pound Thruster, 50 reps
30 pull-ups

warm up was 20 ring dips
20 air squats
30 40lbs back ext.
30 40 lbs situps

time was 7:33

I subbed 45lbs sumo high pulls for rowing.

OHS's
85lbs x5
105lbs x3
115lbs x3
125lbs x3
135lbs x3

Scott Jenkins 03-07-2009 01:05 AM

Looks like Texas is winning today Nik, fantastic work on that Jackie, I am tempted to do the normal Jackie now with C2B to see how I will do, its too tempting with all your times to go for.

Nik Nichols 03-07-2009 02:57 AM

Thanks Scott, that had to be the best attempt at a workout I ever did. Brady wasn't there for it, so I borrowed a friends I pod to have motivationat music. It REALLY made a difference. Usually we dont have any playing, we keep each other going.
I told myself I wouldn't put down the bar for the sumos, I kept going till 70 reps and rested the bar on my hips bent over kind of like in the bear complex video. So I didn't rest for more then a sec. And pounded out the rest. The music kept me going.

Oh, if I hadn't told you we took Monty from you. That little voice. Well he didn't have me yesterday.
Oh when I posted my time, I had no Idea how it was. When I posted it to comments I realized it was fast, really fast for me, I rechecked the WOD to make sure I didn't screw it up some how. But it was solid.

Now I wake up more sore then I pretty much ever have, shoulders screaming, knees sore some, upper back muscles tight and sore(not in a bad way on the back) And I have a fever of 100. No other feelings of being stopped up. Oh stomach is a little sick, but just a little.

I took somthing for the fever, but I don't know whats up, and as easy as a 3K run is, I may be out if my fever is still up in the morning.

Scott Jenkins 03-07-2009 03:15 AM

That does not sound nice Nik, a fever and aches everywhere sounds like you have picked up some flu or maybe your body is in shock from that awesome performance. I have never hit a WOD to music before, my ears cannot hold earphones very well while exercising and I end up losing time adjusting them.

Keep a close eye on your condition also Nik and do not run the 5k if your body feels that bad as it will do you a lot more bad than good. It sounds worrying as all the reps yesterday were light. You ever read anything about rhabdo, look it up on this site and see if it is anything like what your feeling, I am not over reacting I just think you should to be safe.

Nik Nichols 03-07-2009 03:26 AM

I don't think i could do a workout with ear phones, I Used speakers and an I pod dock. Fever is down, I'm betting it is the flu. Everyone in the familly just got over it, I never caught it.

I will see how I feel in the morning. I will look it up, I have heard of rabdo, but I havent studied it , I don't know what to look for, I will check it out.

I don't want to miss the run, but as you say, it may do me more harm then good. How do you tell your self to not do what is fun and will make yo feel emeditly just by starting!!

We will see. Good luck with Jackie, don't listen to Monty, go full steam.

Scott Jenkins 03-07-2009 03:28 AM

There you go , you should of told me everyone else has the flu, the hard workout probably knocked your immune system down and the germs flew in there while you had low defences , I am off the gym now and I have locked Monty in the basement at home.

Fergus Lally 03-08-2009 05:06 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;535302]There you go , you should of told me everyone else has the flu, the hard workout probably knocked your immune system down and the germs flew in there while you had low defences , I am off the gym now and I have locked Monty in the basement at home.[/QUOTE]

I really hope monty isn't a kid or, although I see the funny side of it, your going to jail instead of the gym:D