CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Jason's Workout Log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=48280)

Jason A Smith 03-27-2012 08:51 PM

Re: Jason's Workout Log

Yep. Hopefully not "tearing" per se though:rofl: that would not be good. So tonight marks the return for me to some full time training. I am glad the three weeks is over but I feel pretty rested up. After having a good look at the score I figure I would have been around 80-100 th in our region. So I have lots of work to do if that remains a goal, which right now it does.

Started out pretty easy tonight.

Did my shoulder rehab circuit and some mobility and then on to the rower for an easy 20 minute row. Went about 2:15 and covered 4472 meters. Not bad and felt really good. Next time I will drop the pace down.

I feel very fortunate that I did not hurt myself worse and will be coming back cautiously. I even get to lift weights tomorrow. I am looking forward to it.

Milton Brisson 03-28-2012 08:46 AM

[QUOTE=Jason A Smith;1047587]Yep. Hopefully not "tearing" per se though:rofl: that would not be good. So tonight marks the return for me to some full time training. I am glad the three weeks is over but I feel pretty rested up. After having a good look at the score I figure I would have been around 80-100 th in our region. So I have lots of work to do if that remains a goal, which right now it does.

Started out pretty easy tonight.

Did my shoulder rehab circuit and some mobility and then on to the[B] rower for an easy 20 minute row. Went about 2:15 and covered 4472 meters[/B]. Not bad and felt really good. Next time I will drop the pace down.

I feel very fortunate that I did not hurt myself worse and will be coming back cautiously. I even get to lift weights tomorrow. I am looking forward to it.[/QUOTE]

:highfive: for getting back to "regular" training! Wade in and bujild that strength back up! Gotta feel good to be ramping up again!

As far as your row goes, I am sure that you meant to say 20:15 for the 4472 meters - if there is no typo, you need to get on the Olympic rowing team - NOW!:D

Jason A Smith 03-29-2012 08:38 PM

Yeah right. I am about a foot too short for any sort of rowing. I was on a 2:15/500m pace. Did it all in 20:00. Took an impromptu rest day yesterday as we were out for dinner with the couples we are going to Vegas with.

So I am finally back to doing some real stuff tonight.

A1. Front Squat 85% of 1RM @ 30X0 x 1 rep x 3 sets - focus on speed out of bottom; rest 0s
A2. High Bar Back Squat @ 30X0; 6 - 6 - 6; rest 180s
[B]235-245-250[/B]
*Use the same weight for both exercises
B. Row 20s @ 97% x 3; rest 3:00 b/t sets
[B]117-116-115[/B]
C. Side plank 90s/side x 2 sets; rest 90s b/t sides
[B]Those are tough ![/B]

Well, it has been a while since I have squatted even remotely heavy and i felt it all tonight. Doing them at tempo made it even tougher. I was able to get into back squats even with my shoulders being pretty tight still but they are getting better every day. So glad I am back at it.

Milton Brisson 03-30-2012 01:41 PM

Nice work man! Good to see you back on the program! Is it OPT again?

Jason A Smith 03-30-2012 05:18 PM

Thanks Milt, I am back with the same guy who was doing my program before. Something to be said for personalized attention. We will see how I progress and take it from there. If I keep improving I won't mess anything up.

Today was an easy day. Went for an hour long massage and then did an easy 20 minute run. Covered 2 miles and kept the heart rate pretty low. Going to do some stuff for my shoulders tonight too.

Do some work tomorrow and Sunday as well. Feeling good, legs are still a little sore though.

Jordan Derksen 03-30-2012 09:26 PM

Good to see you back at it Jason!

Jason A Smith 04-01-2012 12:17 PM

Thanks, it is nice to be back. Took a rest day yesterday as I was very sore. It takes a while to get my body adjusted to working but apparently not too long to get de-conditioned. We went to Regina for some errands, such is life in a small town. Lots of driving. Back at it today, feeling well rested but been getting calls from work which is disruptive to sleeping.

10 sets @ 95%:
30 double unders
10 Russian KB Swings, 1.5pd
rest 30s
[B]All sets at 40s. No misses with the DU's[/B]

This felt good and I was breathing decently by the last couple sets. Back it tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday. Then off to Winnipeg on Thursday for the weekend and then on to Vegas !

Jason A Smith 04-02-2012 08:21 PM

Well I am catching up a bit as I am a day behind my schedule.

So tonight did some strength work.

A. Deadlift 50% @ X2X1 x 2 reps x 10 sets; rest 40s - drop the bar from the top; pull fast
[B]all done at 205, felt good[/B]
B1. Ring Dip AMRAP(-2) @ 30X0 x 4 sets; rest 120s
[B]3/3/4/5[/B]
B2. Pull-up AMRAP(-2) @ 30X0 x 4 sets; rest 120s (alternate supinated and pronated grip per set)
[B]4/4/5/5[/B]
C. DB Split Squat @ 30X0; 8 x 35#/hand, 8 x 45#/hand, 8 x 55#/hand; rest 90s b/t legs
[B]All done, last couple reps of last set were tough but doable. Split squats are tough but good for you[/B]

Good session tonight, will have to concentrate on some mobility for my shoulders tomorrow in addition to what I have to do as well. Feeling good about tonight. Legs likely be pretty sore tomorrow.

Jason A Smith 04-04-2012 08:37 PM

Rested yesterday and not a great sleep last night, but I am off work tomorrow so it wasn't too bad.

Tonight was a longer aerobic base session, a 30 min row

7008m total, average pace 2:08/500m, picked it up a little the last 6 minutes or so. Had negative splits the whole way. Feel like a have a much better aerobic capacity than at this point last year. Off to Winnipeg tomorrow afternoon, then on to Vegas Monday !

Jason A Smith 04-05-2012 10:51 AM

A. Front Squat @ 30X0; 5-4-3-2-1; rest 240s
[B]205-225-245-265-285 (belt for last two sets)[/B]
B. Row 125m x 6; rest 3:00 b/t sets
[B]21.7-21.5-21.7-22.2-22.4-22.6 (those are tough)[/B]
C. Tabata Sit-ups; anchored, fingers on temples
[B]12's for each set (my stomach says thanks)[/B]

That was a good session. A little longer than usual but good. Off to Winnipeg shortly.