CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Jason's Workout Log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=48280)

Nik Nichols 02-23-2012 02:53 PM

Re: Jason's Workout Log

[QUOTE=Milton Brisson;1036848]Go for it Jason!! When are you doing the workout?

I want to see 115 at least man! Road to regionals starts here![/QUOTE]

Agreed! Burpee madness!!

Milton Brisson 02-24-2012 10:35 AM

Hey, my plan for the week changed and I wound up doing the Open Wod last night.

Its definitely not as bad as one might think! I never stopped moving throughout the entire 7 minutes, and I am 250 lbs, so this wont kill you at all!

Go get it!

Jason A Smith 02-24-2012 03:51 PM

[QUOTE=Milton Brisson;1037232]Hey, my plan for the week changed and I wound up doing the Open Wod last night.

Its definitely not as bad as one might think! I never stopped moving throughout the entire 7 minutes, and I am 250 lbs, so this wont kill you at all!

Go get it![/QUOTE]

Oh Milt, I don't know that was a lung burner. My chest is still raw and I did not fell "right" for about an hour so I know I pushed it hard

My day today looked like this:

7 minute AMRAP
[B]113[/B]
+ (rest about 10 minutes)
5 minute AMRAP double
[B]320[/B]
3 minute AMRAP pull-ups
[B]50[/B]
+
run 20 minutes Z1

So there is my score for 12.1 - 113.

I am pretty pleased as I kept moving pretty well throughout. I took a couple short breaks and then my wife told me to get going again, which helped. I was really hoping to push to 120 and was really close, still happy though. We'll see how happy after all the scores roll in tomorrow and Saturday. Onward !

Video link to follow shortly.

Jason A Smith 02-24-2012 04:08 PM

Here's the video evidence.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFgWuzitUQQ[/url]

Jason A Smith 02-24-2012 07:40 PM

One other really cool thing happened today. I got a wall ball. I had ordered and cancelled from Rogue on a Dynamax ball. I used a Rage ball the other day and loved it ! I ordered one on Tuesday from Muscle Driver and it showed up today ! Great customer service and fast shipping. Definitely a thumbs up.

Milton Brisson 02-25-2012 11:42 AM

[QUOTE=Jason A Smith;1037380]Oh Milt, I don't know that was a lung burner. My chest is still raw and I did not fell "right" for about an hour so I know I pushed it hard

My day today looked like this:

7 minute AMRAP
[B]113[/B]
5 minute AMRAP double
[B]320[/B]
3 minute AMRAP pull-ups
[B]50[/B]
+
run 20 minutes Z1

I am pretty pleased as I kept moving pretty well throughout. I took a couple short breaks and then my wife told me to get going again, which helped. I was really hoping to push to 120 and was really close, still happy though. We'll see how happy after all the scores roll in tomorrow and Saturday. Onward !

Video link to follow shortly.[/QUOTE]

Good showing here Jason!:highfive: Mid-day Saturday and you still have a top 30 score! You are off to a great start!

Jason A Smith 02-25-2012 01:36 PM

Thanks Milt, not sure whether I should take another stab at it or not. This is something I should do well on so I want to make sure I put the best score possible. We'll see where I am at later and go from there. A little less snappy feeling today but training regardless.

A. 3 position snatch practice at moderate weights for 15 minutes
[B]Worked up 10 lbs at a time from 65 to 125[/B]
B1. Front Squat 185 x 5 x 5 sets; rest 60s
B2. Muscle-up 2-3 x 5 sets; rest 60s
[B]All done 2-2-2-3-3 for the MU's[/B]

Pretty good day. MU's got better as the sets moved on thought about doing another set of three and then decided not to try and hurt myself. Nice to see these coming along.

Jordan Derksen 02-26-2012 11:08 AM

[QUOTE=Jason A Smith;1037380]
[/QUOTE]

Showed me how it's done. It's amazing the difference in placing between 5 reps. Im placed at 120 right now and you're at 62 I think. 5 reps... 60 places. Hopefully I can make up ground and still have a shot at regionals, but who knows what some of these dudes are capable of.

Jason A Smith 02-26-2012 02:40 PM

Well Jordan, I showed how to go out too fast that is for sure !

I loaded up and made another go at this today and see if I could control the pace and get a better score. I made it four minutes in and called it. My pace was fine but my body was telling me that we were done. Too bad, but my arms and chest were still really fatigued.

Went like this
18-17-17-16, and I was trying to hold a 17/minute pace. Maybe I should have tried to keep pushing but I know myself pretty well and I was feeling like physically I was dropping off big time. I will stick with my score and see where it lands me. Wished I would have employed this strategy on the first go, oh well next week is another WOD.

So afterwards I did this:

Part 1:
for time - aim for unbroken/no pauses
95# thruster x 15
15 pullups
15 kb swings, 2pd
150m row
[B]2:07[/B]

Part 2:
12-9-6-3 for time - aim for unbroken/no pauses:
95# power snatch
ring dips
[B]Did this last and made it through first set, wasn't happening stopped right there[/B]

Part 3:
AMRAP in 2:00
Jumping rope climb burpee to 10 feet
* do a burpee, then jump as high up the rope as you can and finish the climb up to touch 10 feet.
* do not stop moving for the full 2:00
[B]9 rounds[/B]

A bit of a bust today, I am disappointed that I wasn't able to better my score. Mentally I just did not have it to buckle in for another suck fest. I will rest and come back fresh on Tuesday and ready to train again for the week.

Robert Foley 02-26-2012 03:03 PM

Excellent work on 12.1, Jason! Good luck with the rest of the Open. I'm rooting for ya!