CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Jason's Workout Log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=48280)

Jason A Smith 02-12-2012 08:15 PM

Re: Jason's Workout Log

Part 1:
Run 1k (just like last week)
[B]3:24[/B]

rest as needed

Part 2:
On a 4 minute timer:
135# push press, AMRAP unbroken
15 burpees
Row as many calories as possible
Score = push press + row calories
[B]16+51=67[/B]

rest as needed

Part 3:
Tabata front squat, 65#... you cannot put the bar down during the “rest”
[B]12-12-12-10-9-7-9-10[/B]

cry as needed

Yep, my coach actually put that at the end. It wasn't that bad, arms got,tired more than anything. Part 2 was decent but I don't think I pushed hard enough. Happy with the run today as well much better than last week !

Jason A Smith 02-14-2012 07:53 PM

So I have been putting a priority on getting to bed the last few days and I have been spot on, work on the other hand thinks they should keep waking me up ! Being on call = BOO ! Feeling good today regardless

Establish a heavy single in the snatch (90ish % of 1RM)
[B]165-175FX3[/B]
+
3 rounds for time:
10 Overhead squat, 135#
20 Toes to bar
30 double unders
[B]8:10[/B]

The snatch was a PR for full squat snatches and felt pretty good. I have video and still lots of improvement but this is progress ! I warmed up doing 3 position snatches and it seemed to help. The conditioning was good except for the T2B. I did the OHS and DU no problem first set of T2B were pretty good at 17/3 then after that messy. Yikes :yikes:

Jason A Smith 02-15-2012 08:14 PM

Well here I am for another Wednesday night rowing interval session. At least it seems like I row every Wednesday night.

I know I need some work on Crossfit specific skills so I am going to work in some volume on push ups, ring dips, T2B, C2B, wall balls and some muscle USO during the week. Tonight I did 10 hand release push ups UB on the minute for 10 minutes. Had dinner and then......

3 minute row at high aerobic pace
3 minute ez row
x 4 sets
same meters per set
[B]831m exactly for each set[/B]

Pretty happy as last week I crapped the bed pretty good on these. Kept the pace to 1:48 for all sets. Rest day tomorrow and we are off to Winnipeg this weekend. I will work with my coach on Saturday and get to a couple affiliates. Should be a good weekend.

Milton Brisson 02-16-2012 02:18 PM

Things are looking pretty solid ini here Jason! How are you feeling these days? Less than a week until the Open starts, you ready?

Jason A Smith 02-17-2012 11:31 AM

Milt, I am feeling much better. I was pretty beat up the week afte the competition but my energy and recovery feel way better this week. I am feeling strong and hopefully the engine is primed and ready to go. You are looking good too ! I like the fact that you are goings to pull 500 soon !

Rest day yesterday but I got a new addition to my gym. Got my rope yesterday and spent about an hour last night doing an eye splice, actually wasn't too bad thanks to google ! I got 25' total so I may make a 15' and a short one for the basement/kids they love playing in the gym. Our oldest daughter wants her own lifting bar I may break down and get her one too ! She did some awesome dead hang chins the other day. I love it. Got woke up last night by a sick kid, feels like I am not destined for a whole night's sleep this week.

Back Squat 3-2-1; rest 240s (heavy for each, not maxes)
[B]305-325-345[/B]
+
10x10 unbroken pull-ups for time
[B]8:30[/B]

The squats felt good except second on set of two, bit of a struggle but not too bad. 345 is only 15 lbs below my low bar squat (squatting high bar right now), so not too bad I think I am still getting stronger. The pull ups I started on a 1:00 timer and went by feel. I sped up at set 6 and kept shortening the rests, next time shorter rests. Worked on my butterfly technique cause it needs it. Also of note I warmed up with three rounds of today's .com WOD mostly because I wanted to climb my new rope and because I should always be doing wall balls, the swings were good too, doing longer sets, good pacing higher aerobic heart rate but no redlining, just steady breathing done in about 6:00. Would have had a decent run at it the whole thing, but didn't want to gas myself for what I was actually doing. Off to Winnipeg !

Jason A Smith 02-18-2012 03:14 PM

Made it to Winnipeg safe and sound and went to Prairie Crossfit and worked with my coach this morning on split jerk technique. Mostly footwork and speed.

Build to heavy single split jerk, not a 1RM
[B]205, not a PR felt good, could have had more for sure, ran out of time[/B]
+
AMRAP in 8:00:
3 Power Clean & Jerk, 155#
15 wall ball
[B]5 rounds + 13 wall balls[/B]

Lots of stray throws and frustration with the wall balls. Will need lots more practice. I am sure this will come up in the Open and I want to do better with it. We had a "pep talk" about it afterwards. Onward, looking forward to this week. Feeling really good.

Jason A Smith 02-19-2012 12:58 PM

Had birthday parties for my grandpa and my youngest daughter last night (90 & 4) and one piece of cake too !

Today's training was done at Crossfit Winnipeg, lots of fun.

6 sets:
10 x 24" box jump (step down)
10 bodyweight deadlift - AFAP
Row 100m AFAP; rest 3:00

[B]All work sets about 1:00, really hard to time. That was gross.[/B]

After yesterday's wall ball fun, I practiced some today, sets of 15 on the minute for four minutes. Felt way better today. Ball was more balanced etc. did a couple sets of muscle up triples as well, which also felt good. I think I am feeling about as good as I am going to headed into the open. Tonight......Go Jets Go !

Jason A Smith 02-21-2012 09:39 PM

Rest and travel day yesterday. We had a great time at the game on Sunday, what an experience to see. I know why they are so tough at home (except tonight)

Today's training

Practice split jerks
+
A. Split Jerk 3-2-1; rest 180s [B]185-205-235 PR[/B]
B1. Overhead Squat 10 fast reps; rest 10s
B2. Bar-facing burpees 15 fast reps; rest 120s
3 sets
[B]all done @ 135 all around 1:30[/B]
C. 5 minute “AMRAP” turkish get-ups, 2pd
[B]Started with the 24kg as I was still warming up and running out of time, did 2 each hand with the 32kg, those are tough ![/B]

All in all a good training day.

Here's the link to my jerk PR

[url]http://youtu.be/JghZPGPcPPo[/url]

Feeling ready to go for the Open, anxious to see what is coming up this week.

Jason A Smith 02-22-2012 07:39 PM

Got at my rowing intervals early tonight anticipating some "skill" work tonight. Yes it's Wednesday and yes I am doing rowing.....again.

Today's was

2 minute row at high aerobic pace
2 minute ez row
x 5 sets
same meters per set
[B]562-567-571-562-567[/B]
+
light skill practice after events are announced

Pretty happy, pushed the pace on the rows pretty well. Not sure if I should do some Burpees or not. That is going to be fun, I actually don't mind Burpees. I think I will try to beat Clever's score or get as close to it as I can. Talk about inclusive !

Milton Brisson 02-23-2012 01:19 PM

Go for it Jason!! When are you doing the workout?

I want to see 115 at least man! Road to regionals starts here!