CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Jason's Workout Log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=48280)

Jason A Smith 02-03-2012 03:21 PM

Re: Jason's Workout Log

Milt, we're about an hour from Assissippi. It's pretty good for me.....a non-skier.

Have fun, you will be doing real slopes !

Milton Brisson 02-03-2012 03:32 PM

[QUOTE=Jason A Smith;1030241]Milt, we're about an hour from Assissippi. It's pretty good for me.....a non-skier.

Have fun, you will be doing real slopes ![/QUOTE]

Yup, I will be at Norquay, $2 Thursday!!!! Smaller mountain, but Steep and Deep!:highfive:

Jason A Smith 02-04-2012 04:23 PM

Feeling better today and I ave discovered that MWOD is my friend. Thanks KStar, you are the man.

Today's training:

A1. Front squat 2-2-2-2-2; rest 10s [B]235-240-245-250-255[/B]
A2. Box jump, walking approach, build to a tough set of 3-5 reps; [B]34.5-36-38.25-39.5-42 failed, did not get one, all the rest were pretty easy 5's[/B]rest 3-4 minutes

Spent about an hours or so before starting cleaning our gym space up too. It was getting pretty gross. Felt much better about it when I was done. I was supposed to do some ring dips and pull ups too. I did some sets of dips and they felt the best they have ever felt. I think it' all the shoulder mobility I did yesterday. Going to do some more and also some sets of strict chin ups as well. Just for practice. Onward !

Jason A Smith 02-05-2012 02:20 PM

Part 1:
3 rounds for time:
deadlift 225# x 12 reps
100 double unders
[B]4:37[/B]

rest as needed
Part 2 -
for time:
run 1k
[B]3:51[/B]

rest as needed
Part 3:
On a 3:00 timer:
Row 500m
AMRAP squats
[B]1:41 row + 41 squats[/B]

All in all a pretty good day, pulled a muscle in my right calf on the last round os double unders, stopped at 91, did the rest of the stuff today. Really happy with part 3, the row felt really good nd never dropped off at all. Looking forward to resting today and all day tomorrow. My shoulder is feeling much better.

Jason A Smith 02-07-2012 08:51 PM

Rest day yesterday and spent quite a bit of time doing mobility stuff.

Today was sort of active recovery

100 TGU's not for time @ 16 kgs

Did them 5 at a time on each hand and didn't try to hurry through it. Felt really good and did a few at 24 kg on each hand after I finished. I had never really done these before but quite enjoy them. As an aside we scored a couple tickets to the Jets game on Feb. 19. One of my old skating students has season tickets and sold them to us at face value as well ! Very excited, and I saw the Reebok Crossfit ad on TV for the first time tonight. I immediately took off my shirt !:rofl:

Milton Brisson 02-08-2012 03:06 PM

Ive missed a couple of days here....looks like things are going well. Nice job on the front squats the other day, some good volume there!

Great work on the deadlifts and double-under work out! I bet that would take me about 15 minutes!:)

Which reminds me.....gotta go practice double-unders!

Jason A Smith 02-08-2012 08:44 PM

Thanks Milt. I appreciate it, I have put my heart and soul into this lately. I think it is starting to pay off but we shall see. I know what is coming in the Open and I am getting myself physically and mentally ready to do my best every week for the 5 weeks and see where I land right now, and hopefully enjoy the process.

Tonight's training:

5 minute row at high aerobic pace
2 minute walking rest
x 6 sets
same meters per set

1327-1325-1319-1278-1275-1276

This was not good. I went out way too fast and couldn't catch myself. I was actually holding on until about the middle of set 4 and then I exploded and just couldn't hold pace any more. It was physical and mental on it. The last two sets I focused on maintaining a good pace with negative splits. Likely this should have been about 1300 each sets. Good learning lesson on pacing and knowing my engine for sure. Much different than last week. On a positive note I think I am getting a little better at rowing. Not going to challenge anyone any time soon, but it is better !

Rest day tomorrow and then a weekend full of "testing"

Jason A Smith 02-10-2012 11:19 AM

Rest day yesterday and I really needed it. I only got about 5 hours of sleep Wednesday night, much better last night, solid 8 hours !

Today's was a tester

3 rounds for time:
25 KB swing, 2pd
25 burpees
[B]8:31[/B]
+
Run 20 minutes at Z1 immediately/shortly after

Not a great time but I'll take it. I did the first swings UB and had to break on the second and third about 15-10 each time. Just kept moving on the Burpees. Not sure what happened but I would not have held on I barely made the last few swings in round 3. Felt like my face was melting off at the end. Just keep moving I guess. Took about 5 minutes before I was ready to talk let alone run.

Off to watch the Wheat Kings game in Brandon tonight with the family. Also I. Managed to score myself a climbing rope. My day job is working at a mine. I asked one of my suppliers if he sold rope and he said he would bring a 20' end of reel for me !

Nik Nichols 02-10-2012 12:34 PM

Still looking good, burpees just suck the life out of you, I know I just went through a heck of a burpee workout.

Jason A Smith 02-11-2012 03:03 PM

Thanks Nik. I am usually pretty quick with burpees, combining them with wall balls or heavier swings is tough especially when the sets are more than 15.

We had a pretty late night last night, got a decent sleep.

Establish a heavy single in the snatch [B]165 (5 below PR)[/B]
+
Front squat - establish a heavy single; then do 90%x1x2 sets
10 seconds after the heavy single and each of the 90% reps, perform 25 unbroken pullups (3 sets of 25 unbroken pullups)
[B]285-265-265
Did first two sets UB last set shut it down at 15, didn't want to rip[/B]
+
100 ring dips for time
[B]16:51[/B]

That was a lot of ring dips. Lots of testing tomorrow.