CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Jason's Workout Log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=48280)

Milton Brisson 01-27-2012 12:42 AM

Re: Jason's Workout Log

Go get 'em Jason!!!!! Beast mode engaged!!!! I know you will kick some behinds out there!!!!!

Jason A Smith 01-28-2012 09:58 PM

Well, I finished my event and all in all it was a good day. Couldn't have asked for much more from myself today.

Event #1

Station A
I did a rope climb ! I didn't get the leg less one but that is okay. I made one try on it decided it was likely a bad idea

Station B
I won this. I did two rounds and change. I like skipping. I am glad this one was in here.

Station C
Got all the TGU'S and KB snatches for he two lighter weight. Likely could hav gotten a bit farther. Lost grip once and screwed up on my get down on the last one and ran out of time.

Event #2

I tied a PR on the OHS enough said. I was happy. I went for more and could get it OH so called it.

I got 55 thrusters and ironically about five more would have moved me significantly. Oh well much improved so i am happy with that and I didn't put the bar down at all. Need to work on shoulder endurance.

Event #3

Made a good run and just about finished the shuttle runs. I got 26. Got no ripped on some dips and box jumps or could have made it farther. I couldn't TnG at 155 today either and that would have really helped. Only three guys finished and I was about 8 reps shy of being about 4th.

I ended up tied for 8th and as the oldest guy in the advanced category I am very happy with that. I think I have made up some ground as well and that my engine is coming along too.

I am pretty sore right now and very happy happy I was NOT in the last WOD.

Jordan Derksen had a great showing as well, way to go bud !

Onward

Jordan Derksen 01-28-2012 10:15 PM

Ha thanks Jason. Ya you did awesome and there was a noticeable difference watching you compete this time. Keep it up buddy.

Jason A Smith 01-31-2012 08:16 PM

Resting the last couple days and I needed it. I am still a little slow and lethargic today. Shoulders and left elbow the most. Back to regular training today and looking to really get it together for the Open.

A. Behind neck snatch grip split jerk 3-2-2-2-1; rest 180s [B]175-185-195-205-215[/B]
B. Snatch grip push press + overhead squat 3+3 x 4 sets; rest 180s[B]95-115-135-155[/B]
C. 50 TGU’s, 55#, not for time - didn't get a chance to do these I'll have to get them tomorrow night

Never done much from behind the neck with the snatch grip. The weight felt light I was just really fatigued. It was a long drive home last night and a couple of iffy nutritional days. Hopefully start feeling good again by Thursday/Friday.

Time to get some more sleep

Milton Brisson 02-01-2012 09:19 AM

Nice job at FrostFit Jason!:highfive:

Looks like a good time! And thats a lot of work for one day, I think I do that in about a week:). Great effort, love the new avatar as well!

Jason A Smith 02-01-2012 09:37 AM

Thanks Milt !

It was quite a bit of work, I was a lot more sore and tired yesterday than I thought. There was one last event for the top finishers which sadly/gladly I didn't get to do. It was:

40 DU's
30 GHD sit ups
20 Hang Squat Snatch 95#
10 Pistols
10 Muscle Ups
10 Clapping push ups
30 Deadlifts 225#
40 KBS 55#

with a 13 minute time cap

The Hang Squat Snatches and MU's would have slowed me down for sure. A couple guys finished, it looked pretty grueling.

I am feeling like I am much better prepared this year for the Open, but I guess we'll find out for sure within the next 5 weeks.

Jason A Smith 02-01-2012 08:33 PM

Feeling much better today. My left shoulder is still a little stiff but other than that top notch. I am supposed to go and get it checked out. I think I will too. Guy I work with has a wife that is a physio. Doctor would be pretty much useless on that anyways.

Tonight's work:
10 minute row at high aerobic pace
5 minute walking rest
x 3 sets
same meters per set

2530m for all 3 sets. Kind of surprised that they were all the exact same. The first 7:00 felt great, last three had to dig in. Felt good to do it too. I like that feeling, heart rate about 165 when finished. Will be doing lots of mobility tomorrow see if I can't right some wrongs in my hips and shoulders. They are tired they tell me.

Milton Brisson 02-02-2012 11:00 PM

Hey man, how is the recovery going from the comp? You should be good and prepared for the Open this year!

Next stop, regionals!:highfive:

Jason A Smith 02-03-2012 02:31 PM

Milt, my recovery from last weekend is pretty good. I found out I have a sprained shoulder so nothing OH for a couple days and lost of MWOD in the shoulders which is probably not a bad idea either. I am feeling about 80% again, last Saturday and the traveling took a lot out of me I think. Plus I worked this week etc. you know regular life stuff. I am hoping to mostly be a homebody for the 5 weeks of the Open. I will rest and eat as best as possible. Shouldn't be hard to do. Only thing we have is family ski day at work one of the Saturdays. We'll see how it fits my schedule.

Today:
2011 Open 11.1
AMRAP in 15 min
9 dead lifts 155
12 hand release push ups
15 24" box jumps
[B]9 rounds + 6 dead lifts[/B]

+

20 minutes running at Z1

Not as good as my score from last year but not too far off either. At about 80% this afternoon I'll take it. Was not feeling it at all getting started. Pretty achy actually. Hard a tough time settling in and with the push ups, I tired pretty quick. Haven't done them like that in a long time. Here's to tomorrow !

Milton Brisson 02-03-2012 03:08 PM

Where are you going to go skiing? Arent you on the Canadian Sheild.....

Anyway, I am also going to be hitting the slopes, this Thursday! Havent been on my board at all this winter, looking forward to it!