CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!! (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=40939)

Lauren Hall 03-02-2009 07:57 PM

Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

Hey guys, just checking in. Sounds like everyone's doing pretty well. Other than the 1.5 glasses of wine I just drank, I've been handling the no sugar/grains pretty well. I've been better on the grains than the sugars, and I did eat like 3 cups of my mango/berry sorbet today, but what the heck. Fruit is still paleo.

For dinner I made some almond crusted chicken fingers, which were then dipped in Frank's Buffalo sauce. Awesome!

Nice job on the BS, Brian!

Rachel Canning 03-04-2009 01:26 PM

Hey everyone - I apologize if this has been answered on other posts but I was curios to pick your brains about the knowledge of taking a fish oil supplementation. Do all of you take it?

Can anyone comment on:
1) What are the benefits of taking fish oil?
2) What are the recommended dosages for CF's?

Thanks!

Michael Ricketts 03-04-2009 08:44 PM

Just checking in, I have been on leave back to the states. During the course of my leave I fell off the wagon several times. Too much temptation with that much good home cooking around. Hitting it hard again now that I am back in Okinawa, 2 eggs and 2 strips of bacon for breakfast and I am thinkin about some stirfry veggies and chicken for lunch!

Samantha Aurelio 03-04-2009 10:04 PM

Just ate some chocolate and peanut butter.
Gets to the point that it makes me sick. Why do I continue to eat it if it makes me sick?
This is the end all.
March 5th. No more sugar ([B]chocolate[/B]) for me.

Wish me luck. It's the last thing that's holding me back from a leaner, stronger, quicker me.

Brett Dartt 03-04-2009 11:26 PM

i need to be in here so bad

Tom Gerhard 03-06-2009 10:22 PM

Hello all,

Is it too late to join?

I can eat my weight in pasta and bread, and it doesn't help that I love baking, but I know I have to give up the crack.

My goal is to follow a Paleo diet as strictly as possible. I've tried it with a few meals this week: all lunches (tuna or chicken with salad), one breakfast (eggs and bacon), two dinners (meat and veggies). Perhaps it is wishful thinking, but I swear I feel a difference already.

Now I just need to talk myself out of making that cinnamon-raisin bread I'd been planning.

Anyway, thanks to all you posters for the great content.

Delita Wright 03-08-2009 12:05 AM

Me too! Me too! Intro...

Started learning what wheat and sugar were doing to me back in 1999 and made huge changes in my diet, which, a couple years later I started to let slide. I also can't do aspartame at all so generally avoid all artificial sweeteners. Since hitting the CF forum and reading a little Paleo I've backed off potatoes, Ezekiel bread and brown rice. Not fanatical about those but don't seem to get around them too much any more. Still buy a chocolate bar about once a month and not too worried about that.

Still need to tweak the diet, though, I was losing weight steadily and that has slowed. My biggest challenge is that I usually am not the one buying (or paying for) the groceries and most people think, of course, I'm too extreme and eat too much expensive stuff. My take is all the processed stuff is just as expensive as meat and veggies. Currently down about 67 pounds out of 150 to lose, so really want to keep the momentum. Eating about 6 eggs and 10-12 ounces lean meat a day, with 3-4 servings green veggies and 2-3 fruits. Planning to cut a fruit serving and up the green veggie servings.

All for now - great thread! Glad I found you all.

Delita

Amber Mathwig 03-09-2009 09:21 AM

Hey all! Happy to see some new faces in here. Best of luck and have fun with your no grains/no sugar (or whatever variation you have).

I've been TOTALLY off the bandwagon. I somehow lost my appetite for the past couple of weeks (dust storms? PCS stress? Both?)....and the only food that had flavor was the sweets. So the more sweet foods I ate, the more I craved. I need to get back on track, which here I have been allowing myself one small dessert a day (usually macadamia nut cookie), occassional oatmeal, with the rest of my day being as close to paleo I could get.

Oh, and I stopped buying nuts. LOL. No portion control there at ALL, so I figured it was just best to go without.

Renee Lee 03-09-2009 09:26 AM

[QUOTE=Amber Mathwig;536474]Hey all! Happy to see some new faces in here. Best of luck and have fun with your no grains/no sugar (or whatever variation you have).

I've been TOTALLY off the bandwagon. I somehow lost my appetite for the past couple of weeks (dust storms? PCS stress? Both?)....and the only food that had flavor was the sweets. So the more sweet foods I ate, the more I craved. I need to get back on track, which here I have been allowing myself one small dessert a day (usually macadamia nut cookie), occassional oatmeal, with the rest of my day being as close to paleo I could get.

Oh, and I stopped buying nuts. LOL. No portion control there at ALL, so I figured it was just best to go without.[/QUOTE]

you should make the bacon/chocolate chip cookies

Amber Mathwig 03-09-2009 09:39 AM

[QUOTE=Renee Lee;536476]you should make the bacon/chocolate chip cookies[/QUOTE]

That's on the list of things to make when I get home....as well as baconnaise, and several different kinds of bacon rolls. Yum yum.