PDA

View Full Version : Pain in Collarbone

Danny Bostwick
08-21-2012, 10:20 AM
So, I did the Chipper from the games this morning, wasn't going nuts on weight, did 115 on the OHS, 185 on cleans, and 95 on thrusters. Got through everything, then on the last thruster, just before the BJ & OHS, I felt small pop in my collarbone, and some serious pain. Only thing I can't figure out is if this is in my clavicle or the muscle beneath it. Nothing hurts to the touch, the discomfort is also extending sliiightly into my neck and I can't figure out what is going on. I've had discomfort in this area before from doing muscle ups & bench press back in the day, which leads me to believe maybe its the very top of the pec. However it only hurts when I try to stretch it.

Thoughts anyone?

Sean Rockett
08-21-2012, 08:19 PM
So, I did the Chipper from the games this morning, wasn't going nuts on weight, did 115 on the OHS, 185 on cleans, and 95 on thrusters. Got through everything, then on the last thruster, just before the BJ & OHS, I felt small pop in my collarbone, and some serious pain. Only thing I can't figure out is if this is in my clavicle or the muscle beneath it. Nothing hurts to the touch, the discomfort is also extending sliiightly into my neck and I can't figure out what is going on. I've had discomfort in this area before from doing muscle ups & bench press back in the day, which leads me to believe maybe its the very top of the pec. However it only hurts when I try to stretch it.

Thoughts anyone?

disc pain from the neck can refer in to the chest wall clavicle region

Hollie Jacobs
08-23-2012, 04:39 AM
Have you checked with your doctor? You should just to be on the safe side.

Danny Bostwick
08-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Went to see my chiropractor this morning, he told me I strained the tendon that connects the clavicle & the sternum & that will radiate back into the trap. He said since I have such good mobility I probably didn't tear anything but without an MRI it's hard to say. A few weeks of rest has been prescribed. Time to catch up on trail runs & bike rides.