PDA

View Full Version : Hand Injury

Brandon Freese
04-22-2012, 12:54 PM
I was doing a clean, didnt get my elbows through fast enough, i hit my elbow on my knee and caused alot of pain to my hand... still hurts to this day, my left knuckle down to about my wrist still hurts..

any ideas how to speed recovery?
would a physical therapist be of any use for this type of injury?

Eric Montgomery
04-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Have you gotten it checked out by a doc or PT? It's not uncommon to break a wrist or a metacarpal with an accident like that, or at least severely sprain or strain something. You'd want to rule out the possibility of severe damage before listening to anything we might tell you for rehab.

Brandon Freese
04-22-2012, 03:08 PM
NO i havent, I can still lift weights, even do some snatches,
cleaning hurts a little and anything pressing, the jerk hurts it the most...

my hand doesnt really bother me during my regular days, only when i do certain lifts....

i'm considering seeing a PT though just to rule anything out and to see if they can help it heal quicker

Steven Low
04-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Would suggest getting it checked.

There's not enough info in your post to make a guess either.

Hollie Jacobs
05-16-2012, 09:23 AM
So, what actually happened? Is it healed by now?

Ben Kimmerle
06-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Hey Brandon, any update on this? I did the exact same thing a while ago at right around my 1RM clean, and it's been 4+ weeks of slow recovery. Never went to a doctor, but wrapped/taped and have been trying to avoid cleans and anything heavy overhead (kinda hard to do on an Oly cycle...).

Would be interested to hear how things went and what you've found that has worked.