PDA

View Full Version : Forearm Pain...!

Dave Moody
04-14-2012, 11:14 PM
Hey guys and girls hopefully you can help me out here. For around a week now i've had a real bad pain in my left forearm and im not really sure when or how it originated.

If i was to hold my arm out straight with my knuckles facing the celing then the pain is on the top of my arm in a aprox 3 inch area starting at my wrist and heading back up my arm.

Here's the catch it only hurts when i rotate it outwards, away from my body.

Catch number 2, with a closed fist i can turn my wrist all the way to be in a palms facing up position but my fingers out stretched then i can turn it around 100 degrees and the tightness and pain stops me dead.

Any ideas, comments or experiance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dave

Sean Rockett
04-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Hey guys and girls hopefully you can help me out here. For around a week now i've had a real bad pain in my left forearm and im not really sure when or how it originated.

If i was to hold my arm out straight with my knuckles facing the celing then the pain is on the top of my arm in a aprox 3 inch area starting at my wrist and heading back up my arm.

Here's the catch it only hurts when i rotate it outwards, away from my body.

Catch number 2, with a closed fist i can turn my wrist all the way to be in a palms facing up position but my fingers out stretched then i can turn it around 100 degrees and the tightness and pain stops me dead.

Any ideas, comments or experiance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dave

could be this weird nerve compression called posterior interosseous nerve compression. It usually gets better with rest and stretching, see here
http://www.wheelessonline.com/ortho/posterior_interosseous_nerve_compression_syndrome

If not better in a few days see an MD

Steven Low
04-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Sean is likely correct.

As always, if it doesn't get significantly better within about 3-4 days or so, go see an orthopedic doc

Dave Moody
05-05-2012, 02:37 AM
Thanks for the advice, i had a look into it. A fortune of good luck struck but i popped onto mobilitywod and that days wod was dealing with hot elbows so i gave it a go a few times a day for 4 days or so and withut really realising but i think its gone! Hail Kstar!