PDA

View Full Version : Wrist tweak

Lee Bowles
03-07-2012, 07:51 AM
So I was doing the hero WOD "klepto" last night and decided to go up to #155 for the Squat Clean instead of #145 no big deal. Anyways Sweating pretty hard durring this and as I was cleaning on rep 32 or so I leaned forward the bar slipped off my shoulders and my wrist hyper extended towards my forearm. It didn't make any snap noises and obviously its not that bad as I am currently typing this. It is a bit tender when rotating it though. I thought about going to doctor but it is a dull pain not a sharp pain or anything and at times i forget its there until i rotate my wrist. Anyone have any suggestions for treating this.

Sean Rockett
03-07-2012, 09:43 PM
So I was doing the hero WOD "klepto" last night and decided to go up to #155 for the Squat Clean instead of #145 no big deal. Anyways Sweating pretty hard durring this and as I was cleaning on rep 32 or so I leaned forward the bar slipped off my shoulders and my wrist hyper extended towards my forearm. It didn't make any snap noises and obviously its not that bad as I am currently typing this. It is a bit tender when rotating it though. I thought about going to doctor but it is a dull pain not a sharp pain or anything and at times i forget its there until i rotate my wrist. Anyone have any suggestions for treating this.

is it located before or after the wrist crease is it tender in one spot?

Steven Low
03-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Ice for the first 24-48 hours, non-painful mobility as much as you can do (or if its painful as long as it doesn't get worse that's OK), maybe stabilization if it's painful all of the time

But yeah, knowing location and what wrist movements hurt would be a good idea...

Jake Kozlowski
03-09-2012, 02:56 PM
I did the exact same thing about 2 weeks ago. Mine is slowly getting better but I can't snatch yet. The wide grip, overhead is very painful. My chiro worked on it a bit yesterday too.

Good luck with yours.

Dustin Wintczak
03-09-2012, 03:49 PM
I had the nearly the exact same thing happen except it was a bad catch on a heavy clean. I had no breaks or tears however it did swell up a bit about 24 hours later and stayed swollen for about 3-4 days. Ice and rest. I'm now about 5 weeks out and just like Jake said OHS/snatch position with the bar is the last thing I'm struggling with. I was able to roll the wrists over for PC's with no pain and also able to push press heavier weight. Seems to me the last leg of healing is mobility at full wrist flexion and ext. Still tender in these areas but not really painful. Again, good luck.