PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Pinched Nerve Pain/Numbness

Lisa Stephenson
09-12-2011, 05:01 AM
Somebody please shoot me and put me out of my misery! I have a pinched nerve, I think in my neck and upper back, that's causing horrible aching in my arm and numbness in my index finger and thumb. This is day three of total suckage. To make matters worse, I'm in Europe for the next 10 days on business so I'm not sure that I'll be able to get to a doctor/PT. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do? Should I just chill out and try to rest? Should I get a massage at the hotel spa? Advil? There's a bottle of Jager here in the Lufthansa lounge in the Frankfurt airport where I am now. I'm starting to care less and less that's it's only 7:30 am, my time. I just might have to go hit that thing.

Any advice you have would be appreciated.

Lisa

Mike Wazowski
09-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Those take a lot of time to heal. Massage can alleviate the pain somewhat but only temporarily. Ice the neck and back.

Brent Sallee
09-12-2011, 05:39 PM
You could try to get an appointment with a nearby physiotherapist or chiropractor. Pinched nerves are bad and the longer you wait, the more likely it is to become a prolonged issue. What did you do before that caused this pain to come on? Did you sleep poorly? Torque your neck or upper back? Anything? Is the numbness on the top or palm of your hand? How about your thumb?

Helen M Brennan
09-12-2011, 09:51 PM
You could try to get an appointment with a nearby physiotherapist or chiropractor. Pinched nerves are bad and the longer you wait, the more likely it is to become a prolonged issue. What did you do before that caused this pain to come on? Did you sleep poorly? Torque your neck or upper back? Anything? Is the numbness on the top or palm of your hand? How about your thumb?

:yeahthat:

the problem with waiting is that the are around the pinched nerve or whatever will start to tighten and spasm in an attempt to protect the injury.
whn i had a recurrent lower back problem i has a tiny dose of vallium or similar to take until i got to chiro the next day. that prevented the spasms etc

good luck

H