PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder Arthritis

Ty A Ketlinski
08-24-2011, 10:33 AM
My doctor tells me (after an MRI) that I have a "slap tear" and arthritis in my shoulder. The slap tear bothers me on some exercises, but I can live with that pain. I am not interested in surgery at this time.

The arthritis is more bothersome, however. It generally flares up after each workout. My doctor gave me some high strength anti-inflammatories that work well.

Being new to this whole old-age and arthritis thing, here is my question: other than taking meds, is there anything I can do to get rid of arthritis? Thanks

40/6'0"/227

Brian Strump
08-24-2011, 11:02 AM
My doctor tells me (after an MRI) that I have a "slap tear" and arthritis in my shoulder. The slap tear bothers me on some exercises, but I can live with that pain. I am not interested in surgery at this time.

The arthritis is more bothersome, however. It generally flares up after each workout. My doctor gave me some high strength anti-inflammatories that work well.

Being new to this whole old-age and arthritis thing, here is my question: other than taking meds, is there anything I can do to get rid of arthritis? Thanks

40/6'0"/227

Nothing sure of surgery would get rid of the arthritis. What you can do is start working on some shoulder exercises to create a more stable joint. If mobility is an issue, start there. If not, things like farmers walk, deadlifts, reverse shrugs, TGU and clapping push ups are some advanced exercises for shoulder stability. Push up holds, or tabbing your chest in that positions are simpler ones, as is the quadraped
(http://www.fitsugar.com/Ab-Exercise-Without-Crunches-Quadruped-Video-14541928)
Vid is wfs, and she's easy on the eyes too!