PDA

View Full Version : CF injury subs

Joshua Engman
07-24-2011, 08:37 AM
So...2 days feel in a pothole during some sprint, knee popped and now its swollen and cant move and ER doc even said "that isnt good". It sounds and seems characteristically like an ACL issue but i found out for sure tomorrow.

During the rehab process i know healing is the priority but are there any modified WODs or things anyone did to help retain any of their previous conditiong??

Steven Low
07-24-2011, 05:54 PM
It depends what you did and the extent of the injury on what you can do.

Generally, upper body and core work is obviously a go. Some single leg stuff too

Leana Agustin
07-27-2011, 09:47 PM
One legged CF can definitely be done. A friend of mine at our box broke her leg, and did three months doing crossfit with mods. She put her leg on a skateboard while using the rowing machine, did pistols instead of squats, lots of upper body stuff too. Hope it turns out to be nothing, and I can put you in touch with my friend if that helps.

Joshua Engman
07-28-2011, 07:05 AM
so yeah...its a torn ACL. Part of the issue is the whole nerve that fires the quad not firing properly along with the obvious stability issues. I read an early CF Journal article that gave WOD ideas for a person with knee issues and some WODs. Just curious other than modified WODs if anyone has any other experience with ACL prehab or rehab and anything that would help.
thanks

Steven Low
07-28-2011, 07:36 PM
If you want to do athletic things schedule teh surgery ASAP...

Focus on maintaining/gaining strength and ROM at the moment once you can start moving the leg again/

Pretty much see a PT pre surgery if you can.