PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder/Lat pain

Robert D Taylor Jr
07-12-2011, 09:23 AM
So I have pain on my right side that goes from my tricep through my shoulder into my lat. It started after a fairly high volume pullup day L-Pullups and some leg assisted line (called rope by people who aren't retired Boatswain's Mates:)) pullups to sub for climbs in a metcon. Two days later I did Fran really badly, for no apparent reason. And now three weeks later pullups or any vertical pulling causes my say a 5 out of 10 pain. Even to the point of pulling myself to the wall in the pool. But horizontal pulling causes little to no pain. I've let it rest, last week was my back off week, any suggestions?

Steven Low
07-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Sounds like possibly some impingement of your posterior cord. Posterior cord has thoracodorsal nerve which goes to the lats, and it splits off into the radial nerve which innervates the triceps.

Have you tried doing any soft tissue/mobility work on the muscles involved?

How about stretching/massage of the scalenes, chest, and other neck muscles?

If not, these may be good things to do

Robert D Taylor Jr
07-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks, Steven. No I haven't, but I will.

Robert D Taylor Jr
07-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Thanks, Steven. No I haven't, but I will. I'm glad you've returned, for a while I thought your frustration had caused you to leave.

Steven Low
07-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks, Steven. No I haven't, but I will. I'm glad you've returned, for a while I thought your frustration had caused you to leave.
No, actually I've been putting a lot of time into getting the bodyweight strength programming book out. We're getting much closer.... I'm hoping by late summer/early fall of this year.

Posting is a time sink...

Robert D Taylor Jr
07-13-2011, 04:28 PM
:No, actually I've been putting a lot of time into getting the bodyweight strength programming book out. We're getting much closer.... I'm hoping by late summer/early fall of this year.

Posting is a time sink...

Cool,

And I agree, my profile is a little lower too. If I'm going to argue with someone on the internet these days, it's going to be for an online class, so I can be edjoocated.

The book sounds sounds awesome, good luck. Thanks again for the idea