PDA

View Full Version : neck injury causing shoulderr spasms

David Boucaut
07-08-2011, 08:36 PM
MRI results

MRI c5/6 disc protrusion with annular tear lifting the prsterior longitudinal ligament and indenting the anterior thecal sac but not resulting in canal foraminal stenosis.

comment
There is a focal c5/6 disc protrusion to the right of the midline with annular tear and lifting of the postereior longitudinal ligament but no foraminal or canal compromise

causing shoulder spasms when I sleep after weight training . need some ideas on how to free it up ?

Donnette Lewis
07-09-2011, 05:39 AM
Do you have access to a Tens unit? Either the Doc can prescribe one or I know someone got theirs from Amazon.com for $25. Use it daily for ~1/2 before going out for the nite.

Brent Sallee
07-09-2011, 11:15 AM
MRI results

MRI c5/6 disc protrusion with annular tear lifting the prsterior longitudinal ligament and indenting the anterior thecal sac but not resulting in canal foraminal stenosis.

comment
There is a focal c5/6 disc protrusion to the right of the midline with annular tear and lifting of the postereior longitudinal ligament but no foraminal or canal compromise

causing shoulder spasms when I sleep after weight training . need some ideas on how to free it up ?

Visit a physical therapist to restore proper segmental motion in your cervical spine, strengthen your neck, re-train posture, improve form in trouble movements, etc. You can't really do that on your own. A professional is definitely needed here.

Brent Sallee
07-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Do you have access to a Tens unit? Either the Doc can prescribe one or I know someone got theirs from Amazon.com for $25. Use it daily for ~1/2 before going out for the nite.

That only addresses the symptoms, but doesn't address the mechanical issues contributing to the condition itself. That's like constantly injuring your hip and then just taking ibuprofen for it. It doesn't mean the problem's gone - just not felt.

Megan Zetter
07-10-2011, 08:39 PM
MRI results

comment

Imaging of a disc protrusion does not equate to the cause of your shoulder muscle spasms. A lot of people of disc herniations and are completely asymptomatic. I suggest you see a chiro or PT who can assess the musculature and or dysfunction as well as the cervical spine.

Steven Low
07-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Imaging of a disc protrusion does not equate to the cause of your shoulder muscle spasms. A lot of people of disc herniations and are completely asymptomatic. I suggest you see a chiro or PT who can assess the musculature and or dysfunction as well as the cervical spine.
I agree. Disc issues MAY have to do with it but not necessarily.

See a professional about this