PDA

View Full Version : Middle Back pain

Jason Simon
06-24-2011, 06:44 AM
After Wednesdays WOD I developed a mid back pain. During the day it isn't bad, just no quick twists. It is the AM that is the problem. Laying in bed is painful and getting out is rough as well. One of those things where I know I need to lay off on the WOD's until it gets better.

Any advice on treatment? Thinking maybe a visit to chiro...
Also, think running would still be ok, at least get some crossfit endurance training in?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Brent Sallee
06-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Hm. Where exactly does it hurt in your mid back? Centrally? Right next to the spine? Over your middle trap/rhomboids? It's either the way you're sleeping or you potentially have a disc issue (which isn't that likely in the thoracic spine).

Jason Simon
06-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Well, over the weekend the pain "moved" on me to my lower back, SI area. As much as I hate it I have laid off the WODS until I can get it looked at (tomorrow morning.) Hopefully it is only a strain and I can get back to it quickly.

Brent Sallee
06-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Well, over the weekend the pain "moved" on me to my lower back, SI area. As much as I hate it I have laid off the WODS until I can get it looked at (tomorrow morning.) Hopefully it is only a strain and I can get back to it quickly.

It probably didn't move so much as you may have compensated to get out of the other pain. It could definitely be a sprain or strain, but could also be other problems as well. Glad you're getting it looked at. Good luck, here's hopin' for the best.

Jason Simon
07-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Quick update: Had a massage therapist work on it, and a physical therapist as well. Told me to go easy on it and gave me some area specific stretch's. Its feeling a lot better already and I started some scaled WODS last Friday. Looking good, hope to be back at it full force soon...