PDA

View Full Version : Pop in my left knee

Trevor Armstrong
06-01-2011, 08:47 AM
I was coming out of performing a triangle choke yesterday and as I was straightening my legs back out my left knee gave a loud and painful pop. I sat for a while making sure I wasn't very injured. After having a few friends with ACL tears, I was very worried.

It hurts today also, mostly when I bend the knee. The pain is on the lower lateral side of his knee. I can walk and jog without pain, but squats are fairly painful. Luckily there is no swelling, so I am hopeful that I just rubbed bone together and aggravated it, rather than having torn something. Either way, no power cleans for me today, I think I will work on my rings that just came in the mail yesterday.

Any thoughts on what I may have done or advice? I don't know whether I should ice it because it hasn't swelled, and I don't really want to mask the pain so I can avoid hurting it further.

Additional information:
It is not painful to the touch, or when pushing the inside of the knee out/ outside of the knee in with a straightened leg.

Brent Sallee
06-04-2011, 06:36 AM
In an open kinetic chain like that, I would consider it pretty unlikely for you to tear anything. Take it easy for a bit. If you feel any instability or significant pain (or pain longer than 2 weeks), you should go get it checked out. Let your symptoms be your guide. Don't push through the pain in your workouts.

Trevor Armstrong
06-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Yeah it stopped bothering me today in fact. No pain at all. Thank you though!