PDA

View Full Version : Tweaked Erector Spinae

John Papianou
05-28-2011, 07:15 PM
I jumped on a 24" inch box at my gym today and the f-ing thing skidded out from under me. My lower back absorbed most of the fall. I have some discomfort/soreness in my erector spinae. Other than rest/time, any recommendations on how best to loosen it and aid recovery? Lax ball? Foam roll? Ice?

Brian Strump
05-29-2011, 03:44 PM
All of the above plus some mobility, and stretching for the low back and hips. If it is still bugging you in a week, see chiro or PT.

I jumped on a 24" inch box at my gym today and the f-ing thing skidded out from under me. My lower back absorbed most of the fall. I have some discomfort/soreness in my erector spinae. Other than rest/time, any recommendations on how best to loosen it and aid recovery? Lax ball? Foam roll? Ice?

John Papianou
05-30-2011, 03:19 PM
All of the above plus some mobility, and stretching for the low back and hips. If it is still bugging you in a week, see chiro or PT.

Thanks, Brian. This was helpful. Fortunately, it's getting better each day. Just feels like a nasty bruise/sore even though the skin is not discolored.

Jake Kozlowski
06-01-2011, 12:23 PM
People laugh, but I always say that the darn box jump is one of the most dangerous movements in XFit. I love them, but, it's so easy to get jacked up if something goes wrong.

I hope you feel better.