PDA

View Full Version : Airrosti Therapy?

Paul Givens
05-02-2011, 08:36 AM
I have had a shoulder injury for a couple months now and a friend recommended I try airrosti thereapy. Apparently it specializes on soft tissue injuries. Anyone ever utilizes this? Just an fyi, I suspect that I had a slight tear in the rear delt muscle, I know its not rotator cuff but probably a ligiment or slight tear. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

thanks

David Z Sachs
05-02-2011, 10:57 AM
From what I understand Airrosti is only available in Texas right now so information might be limited, and it's essentially a brutal deep tissue massage. Supposed to hurt a decent bit!

I know this only because I got a deep tissue massage to help with IT band syndrome not too long ago and the guy doing it was telling me about it in small talk.

That's about the extent of my information, sorry I can't be of more help

Brent Sallee
05-03-2011, 07:00 AM
I have had a shoulder injury for a couple months now and a friend recommended I try airrosti thereapy. Apparently it specializes on soft tissue injuries. Anyone ever utilizes this? Just an fyi, I suspect that I had a slight tear in the rear delt muscle, I know its not rotator cuff but probably a ligiment or slight tear. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

thanks

With the shoulder, you likely need neuromuscular retraining and mobilization of the humeral head within the joint. Deep soft tissue work doesn't develop any of these, so in your case, it would likely be useless. It's more for maintenance of tight/knotted tissues, not treatment of injuries that are multifactorial.

Paul Givens
05-03-2011, 07:31 AM
With the shoulder, you likely need neuromuscular retraining and mobilization of the humeral head within the joint. Deep soft tissue work doesn't develop any of these, so in your case, it would likely be useless. It's more for maintenance of tight/knotted tissues, not treatment of injuries that are multifactorial.

Went to a pt rehab that specializes in arrosti yesterday and they did relieve some pressure through deep tissue, but the rehab they have me doing is working with the thera-bands doing shoulder rotation, rows w/ bands, a few other band movements along with some streatching. They said that I should be back to working out within 2 weeks which is suprising given that it has been 3 months since my injury. Basically said it was inflamation of tendons that is causing the problems. See them again in a week and its not costing me anything (insurance covers). So we'll see.

What exactly is neuromuscular training? Is the band stretching similiar to that?

thanks for your feedback.

Brent Sallee
05-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Went to a pt rehab that specializes in arrosti yesterday and they did relieve some pressure through deep tissue, but the rehab they have me doing is working with the thera-bands doing shoulder rotation, rows w/ bands, a few other band movements along with some streatching. They said that I should be back to working out within 2 weeks which is suprising given that it has been 3 months since my injury. Basically said it was inflamation of tendons that is causing the problems. See them again in a week and its not costing me anything (insurance covers). So we'll see.

What exactly is neuromuscular training? Is the band stretching similiar to that?

thanks for your feedback.

The neuromuscular retraining consists of all exercises done to teach your shoulder how to move again, with proper muscle activation at given ROMs. Many times, exercises double as this, but a lot of the time, patients need cues from the PT. This doesn't include the stretching, but does include some of the exercises.