PDA

View Full Version : Medial Knee Pain While Walking?

Daniel Frankel
04-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Sometimes when i walk and then stop to talk to someone, or sit down, i get an irritated feeling on the medial side of my leg, i think its in the meniscus. I have been icing it the past few days, and wearing a cheap tensor sleeve on it. It has been bugging me for a couple weeks or so.

Anyone have any idea what it could be?

Brent Sallee
04-15-2011, 07:13 PM
Sometimes when i walk and then stop to talk to someone, or sit down, i get an irritated feeling on the medial side of my leg, i think its in the meniscus. I have been icing it the past few days, and wearing a cheap tensor sleeve on it. It has been bugging me for a couple weeks or so.

Anyone have any idea what it could be?

That's a pretty brief description. Does it only hurt when you walk? Or does it hurt when you stand in place too? How about squatting? If you're sitting down, the meniscus should be unloaded and therefore shouldn't really be symptomatic. What reduces the symptoms? Anything lasting more than 1-2 weeks consistently is something you should go see an MD about. In this case, you should go see an orthopedist.

Daniel Frankel
04-15-2011, 07:18 PM
That's a pretty brief description. Does it only hurt when you walk? Or does it hurt when you stand in place too? How about squatting? If you're sitting down, the meniscus should be unloaded and therefore shouldn't really be symptomatic. What reduces the symptoms? Anything lasting more than 1-2 weeks consistently is something you should go see an MD about. In this case, you should go see an orthopedist.

its more when im up for a long time, whether standing or walking, and upon sitting down, I feel it as if it were kind of "weak". In a squat, it feels fine.

and yea, Ill schedule an appointment

Brent Sallee
04-16-2011, 09:10 AM
its more when im up for a long time, whether standing or walking, and upon sitting down, I feel it as if it were kind of "weak". In a squat, it feels fine.

and yea, Ill schedule an appointment

Gotcha. Yeah, depending on the location, it could be MCL, medial meniscus, some involvement of both, plicae inflammation, etc. Getting it checked out would definitely be in your best interest. It's interesting though that squatting would feel ok. If it were truly meniscus, I'd think it'd get significantly worse as you got under the bar due to the increased compression forces.