PDA

View Full Version : Possible Back “Injury”

Tim Cripps
04-11-2011, 07:41 AM
For the last few days I have been experiencing a tightness and a slight discomfort in my back just below my shoulder blade area in the centre (maybe slightly to the left) of my spine. When just sitting or lying down I only feel the tightness and a tingly sensation but when my back engages to say bend over to pick something up or run up a flight of stairs I get a sharp pain. If I were to roll my shoulders I can feel something moving around in that area (feels like bone rubbing against itself but doesn’t hurt) but I cannot recall if my back did that before (I don’t think it did). Taking two ibuprofen seems to make the discomfort go away but I haven’t tried engaging my back with the pills.

I have been taking my introductory classes for CF over the last 1.5 weeks so at first I was attributing it to muscle strain but now I am thinking it is something worse. I was still lifting and attending class with the tight sensation but at a reduced weight/effort. I am now taking some time off from CF along with running and biking.

I realize that the internet is not the place to get medical advice I am simply hoping to see if anyone has had a similar “injury” and provide me with some insight.
Thanks

Brent Sallee
04-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Could just be a tight area of muscle (i.e. knot) that's impinging on a nerve structure called the posterior primary ramus. If it's not painful, keep rolling that area out. If you can't get to it quite good enough, use a tennis or a lacrosse ball to work it. Don't work on it TOO hard because it may aggravate the tingling sensation, but work on it every day for a few days. It should start to release, if that's the case.

Tim Cripps
04-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Thanks Brent that seems to be helping.

Tim

Brent Sallee
04-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks Brent that seems to be helping.

Tim

Wonderful :) Hope it relieves soon enough.