PDA

View Full Version : Inov-8's causing ankle pain when running??

Elizabeth Hall
04-05-2011, 03:43 AM
Has anyone else experienced ankle pain while wearing Inov-8's? I tore ligaments in my ankle about a year and a half ago. I ran a 5k 3 weeks ago in my 230's and ever since my ankle is very tender along the outer fibula bone. I've run a 5k and 10k in my VFF with no issues. I'm the 2nd person at my box that has this issue with the Inov-8's, is anyone else having this issue? I'm wondering what the deal is.

Robert Mowris
10-14-2011, 01:51 PM
I recently started running in the Inov-8 Bare Grip 200. After two days of running 8 to 10 miles my right ankle started hurting. I normally run 8 to 17 miles per day in the VFF Bikila LS with no issues. I also run barefoot or in the Montrail Rogue Racer or Newton Motion without any problems. The Innov-8 appears to cause instabilty in my ankles.

Aaron Gainer
10-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Hows your running form? Are your ankles caving in when you run? Are you doing the proper mobility post workout(ankle, hip from mobilitywod)?

Long distance runs can be disastrous for the lower leg region. That would be my first goto when trying to fix the problem. Reduce your running distance until the pain goes away and increase gradually.

Brian Strump
10-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Minimalist shoes need to come warning that says, "Do not resume running at your current mileage when you put these on your feet".

You need to work up to where you were since different muscles in your lower legs will need to work differently with these kind of shoes.

Ankle and foot pain are common complaints.

Brett Dartt
10-15-2011, 10:01 PM
Minimalist shoes need to come warning that says, "Do not resume running at your current mileage when you put these on your feet".

You need to work up to where you were since different muscles in your lower legs will need to work differently with these kind of shoes.

Ankle and foot pain are common complaints.
The dude runs barefoot and in vff's

Robert Mowris
10-16-2011, 12:20 AM
After the ankle injury, I ran 8 miles two days in a row in the VFF Bikila LS without any ankle pain. My ankle is fine now. I will run tomorrow on the trails at Squaw Valley. The top of the mountains are covered with snow and daytime temperatures are 60 to 70F. The leaves are changing and the weather is perfect for running. I might swim in the lake in the afternoon.

Dave Cox
10-16-2011, 09:24 AM
After the ankle injury, I ran 8 miles two days in a row in the VFF Bikila LS without any ankle pain. My ankle is fine now. I will run tomorrow on the trails at Squaw Valley. The top of the mountains are covered with snow and daytime temperatures are 60 to 70F. The leaves are changing and the weather is perfect for running. I might swim in the lake in the afternoon.

Brrrrrfrrr. That's some chilly water in the summer! I miss the Sierra's. *sigh*