PDA

View Full Version : Pulled Oblique and Strengthening core for squats

Jesse Richards
09-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Hey guys, been CFing on and off for a year and a half, recently started to work in more lifting since my back squat really sucked and I figured a little specific work wouldn't hurt. I've made good gains on it, but last week while I was maxing out, I think I pulled my left oblique right where it connects to your top ab set. It's fine just walking around, but situps, or heavy lifting makes it start hurting and even twitching. I've just been working through the pain the past week(and even PRing), but I'm wondering what I could do to help it recover faster, and then strengthen that area so it's better able to support heavy weight. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Steven Low
09-21-2010, 07:51 AM
For strains this may help wfs

http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/01/on-muscle-strains/

Jesse Richards
09-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Steven, thanks for the link. Don't know why I didn't remember the Starr recovery method(it was linked further down, I'm already doing everything else besides heat), I'll start doing situps/side lifts to target the area and get proper blood flow and activity to promote healing. I would only rate my as a tier 1/2 since there's no bruising, but I have noticed some amount of swelling, and it hasn't gone away over a week.

Apparently lifting max weights several days after you strain isn't suggested. Oh well, I really wanted that squat pr! (getting close to 400).

Steven Low
09-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Yeah, take it easy... let your body heal. :)