PDA

View Full Version : Knee pain and foot pain

Andrew Chong
09-15-2010, 06:52 AM
When i kneel down, i feel pain in the outside and back of my left knee. it isn't a specific spot but a general area. When i try to straighten my leg it hurts even more and i have to straighten really slowly. Any advice on what to do? I've been doing Crossfit for about 2 years now and it's only been in the past few months that this pain developed.

When i apply pressure to the inside of the ball of my right foot, i feel pain in my ankle. It only happens in my right foot and i feel no pain in my left. What can i do?

I've realised that the timing at which these come kind of coincide with the time i began using Vibram fivefingers and i'm wondering if it's caused me the pain. I have been watching videos on barefoot running and the pose method though, so i'm not really sure.

Steven Low
09-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Knee -- see an orthopedic surgeon. Pain during straightening "inside-ish" (aka outside AND back) of the knee may indicate a posterior horn lateral meniscus tear. If it was just outside I would suspect something like IT band friction, but 2 sided tends to indicate a bit of something more insidious.

Ankle -- do you have flat feet? Or any other orthpedic problems?

It could be overuse due to VFFs too much too soon.... but you didn't provide enough information to really tell anything.

Ask the ortho about the foot pain as well when you get your knee checked. Let us know how it goes.