PDA

View Full Version : CF Related injury

John Miller Jr
08-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Ok first of all let me clarify. Crossfit did not cause my injury. My own stupidity/ lack of flexibility caused the injury. :shrug:A brief background on me is that I am in decent shape and was heavy into Crossfit for a while. I completed the Crossfit strength bias and saw huge gains on all lifts except my squats. This is because instead of being smart and starting from scratch to increase flexibility and leg strength I just let my squat stats stay the same and got stronger on everything else. In retrospect I know this was dumb but I figured it would help explain the injury. I was basically a ticking time bomb. So I was doing a WOD that involved numerous kettlebell swings. I honestly don't remember it now. However I was using 55lbs which I should have scaled. I was lifting in places I shouldn't have and felt a strain in my lower back. It was nothing too serious so I continued with a slightly lower weight (45lbs yep stupid again). :bonk:

So here I am 3 months later and the pain is still there. :bash0000:I have been to a chiropractor and I have a bulging disk. It was supposed to have healed by now but it remains a dull pain every day. Chiro treatment helps but right now I can't afford one. I was wondering if anyone had a similar issue and could recommended some stretches or well anything else so I can start crossfitting again! (albeit in a smart way hopefully). :thanx:

Steven Low
09-08-2010, 05:54 AM
See if any of these help wfs

http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/02/so-you-hurt-your-lower-back/

What have you been doing for rehab?