PDA

View Full Version : Right upper rib/shoulder pain

Allison Robshaw
08-11-2010, 10:09 AM
I have been having some pain in my right shoulder area and it runs all the way up my right neck to the base of the skull causing massive right sided headaches. I tried stretching and resting and icing and heating and nothing helped. I went to my chiro today and he said that I keep pulling one of my ribs out of line and it is now inflammed. Has anyone had this problem? He suggested I not do anything overhead or even stablize weight with those shoulders (ie front squat). Just wondering how long this would take to heal.

Steven Low
08-12-2010, 09:12 AM
I have been having some pain in my right shoulder area and it runs all the way up my right neck to the base of the skull causing massive right sided headaches. I tried stretching and resting and icing and heating and nothing helped. I went to my chiro today and he said that I keep pulling one of my ribs out of line and it is now inflammed. Has anyone had this problem? He suggested I not do anything overhead or even stablize weight with those shoulders (ie front squat). Just wondering how long this would take to heal.
It depends what you're actually doing.

Sounds like either your traps or possibly scalenes are jacking stuff up. Wouldn't rule out levator either.

Try to get to an ART practicitioner or someone good with manual techniques to help loosen that stuff up.

You can get back to exercise-- but only IF it's non-painful. After you get yourself fixed I would work back in very slowly; depending on how long you've been messed up it can take a bit for the fix to hold itself in place