PDA

View Full Version : Calf Tear Recovery

William Earls
07-28-2010, 07:14 AM
Hey everybody,

So the beginning of March I tore my calf, I was having calf pains on both legs on the outside part of the leg near the knee. Mostly just the side of my calf was hurting. I had foam rolled my legs after a WOD and I was playing around doing pullups, I had then pull all my weight on my left leg for some reason and it just gave out and felt like I was shot in the leg. After a couple of months of physical therapy, I've been back crossfitting since the beginning of July. I still can't run that well or perform box jumps, or jumprope. I believe the extent of my injury was a Grade 2, or close to a Grade 3. Has anyone had a similar injury and give me any advice to recover 100 percent so I don't have to worry about my injury. I fear its going to be the weakest part of my body forever and I don't want it to get aggravated every time I workout. I was used to doing CF 4-5 times a week, but now i have to rest 1 or 2 days after a WOD because of aggravation.

I have also just recently bought a compression sleeve for my calf and plan to wear it during WODs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Steven Low
07-29-2010, 06:32 PM
This should help wfs
http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/01/on-muscle-strains/

If you have any questions after that let me know...

William Earls
08-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Hi Steven,

Thanks, great article, I'll put it to good use!