PDA

View Full Version : Lower right back pain

Charles Hwang
07-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Hey all,

I worked out for the first time in awhile yesterday so I didn't do anything too crazy.. (I'm beginning my return to the wagon with a bout of SS).

My loads weren't anything close to what I have lifted before so I was fairly confident in my form and technique. However today, one day later, I have this pain in my lower right back everytime I take a step with my right foot. I don't really notice any pain sitting down or laying down or even to the touch.

Anything to be concerned about?:shrug:

Brent Eno
07-27-2010, 11:41 AM
first thing that pops into my mind is sciatica. Is it shooting and sharp?

Charles Hwang
07-27-2010, 12:05 PM
Not excruciating but yes.

Brent Eno
07-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Gotta be sciatica. Make sure you rest for a little while, stretch, use a foam roller, and get a massage or two. Tell the masseuse where you problem is. If it doesn't begin to feel better, see a doc.

Mike Mallory
07-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Gotta be sciatica. Make sure you rest for a little while, stretch, use a foam roller, and get a massage or two. Tell the masseuse where you problem is. If it doesn't begin to feel better, see a doc.

i'd agree with the reco's, but there's a lot of other things it could be, and more importantly---- many injuries and conditions can cause sciatica

Steven Low
07-27-2010, 08:22 PM
How is it sciatica?

He says he has pain IN HIS BACK -- when he takes a step with his right foot.

His pain isn't in the butt or radiating down into the leg.

It sounds like it just may be a strain or pinched nerve there. Might've tweaked a vertebrae out of position or something.

Try some soft tissue massage to teh area and some mobility work from here wfs
http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/02/so-you-hurt-your-lower-back/

If that doesn't help within a week (pain stays about the same levels) hit up a chiro or physical therapist. If pain is dropping then you're probably in good shape (relatively speaking) and you only have to go to a professional if you wanted... you're going to have to work back in VERY VERY slowly if this is the case