PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully not a RC tear...?

Ray Bergeron
07-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Im going to pre-emptively address this post to the esteemed Steven Low as i hope youl be the main person responding to it, hahaha.

No but seriously im a fan of all ur work (post replies)!

HIstory-

On the 24 of april i did a workout of 3 rds for time of 15x 135 power cleans and 15x Burpees. I remember this workout being a major pain in the *** especially the cleans in the 3rd round my from was a complete sh*t show. but i dont remember any specific injury occuring.

2 days later i did a barbell Press, Push, Jerk progression. again i dont really remember any specific pain while doing either workout.

i have no previous issues with this shoulder (left). i did have a SLAP repair done in 03 for a torn larbum on my right so i remember what tht felt like it this is def. different.

Symptoms-

i think it was about a week later when i started to notice something wrong. tried a pull up/ push up/sit up pyramid that i often do and had big problems with the push ups. pull ups were fine. im a retard and struggled through the rest of the workout :/

next day i had major issues- extreme pain (mostly a constant dull ache which reminded me of the labrum deal but in a diff. spot), couldnt lift the shoulder off my side front or side and all that jazz.

What ive done since-

i kept it in a sling for about two weeks after that. not constantly but pretty much, as it helped with the pain especially while sleeping.

after that i started doing light band work- external/ internal rotations and "scarecrows"

current state-

ive stayed completely off of it since then. i can do pull ups ok but havent and cant do push ups at all- not even against a wall. i can move it around ok enough- over my head front and back with pain but managable. the 2 movements i cant do at all is the behind the back palm out against the wall or the one where i get the most pain is where i recreate the "clean" movement- in other words elbows out in front and bar (minus the bar of course) on the front o the shoulders. that one is a straight killer. pain originates on the outside of the shoulder and radiates in toward the head.

my question is this- can u tell by my description if/which of the ligamnets i may have torn?

as for going to a pro and all that i dont understand why people are on here if they have that option? i dont, i dont have insurance and dont have the expendable income to pay for an MRI out of pocket.

thanks in advance steve!!!

Steven Low
07-23-2010, 06:50 AM
1. Google a pic and mark where it hurts.

2. What exercises hurt? Which shoulder articulations hurt?
http://www.exrx.net/Articulations/Shoulder.html

3. What type of pain is it? Burning? Ache? Tingling? Sharp?

4. Acute or chronic? What date was onset?

5. Any previous injury history?

6. How's your posture?

7. What is your current workout routine for that bodypart? Do you play any sports?

8. Have you been training through pain? If so, how long?

9. Check the tissue quality of the surrounding muscles. Which ones are tight? Which ones are tender? Is there any swelling?

10. What have you been doing for recovery purposes?

11. Any other information I should be aware of or that comes to mind that may help?

Hmmm. don't know yet. Not enough information.

Also, if you are going to skim I can't really guess so be as detailed as possible... especially with 1 & 2