PDA

View Full Version : Need some help. IT band related

Bryan Lara
07-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Im recovering from my ITBS that started 3 week ago. I dont feel im ready to star running or squatting for another week or two. In the mean time i want to do some cardio and i was wandering if i could skip rope while recovering. Since my knee will not be flexing more that 30 degrees i dont thing it will bother me. What do u guy think?

I have been doing SMR, stretches, and RICE.

Steven Low
07-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Read and do soft tissue work wfs
http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2009/11/shoes-sitting-and-lower-body-dysfunctions/

If what you're doing for rehab is working then keep going for it.

Let pain be your guide in activities. It hurts, no go. If it doesn;t aggravate it then feel free... but don't overdo it.

Bryan Lara
07-16-2010, 11:57 PM
Steve,

I was reading page two, and it talk about knee moving to the midline when coming up from a squat because of weak glutes, TFL ect. Can that cause of my ITBS?

I ask this because my Pain started after i did squat. I had loaded by accident weight that i could only do for 8 reps but my goal for the weight that it was supposed to be call for 14 rep. I remember finish with 10 rep on the first Two set, On the last set i did 10 as well but to get the last two reps i bow in my knee. (The whole time i was thinking i was having a crappy day)I had never before done that not even maxing out. I guess i lost focus or something.

Steven Low
07-17-2010, 07:49 AM
Yeah, it can.

Do a bunch of soft tissue work on your glutes, TFL and IT band and see if that loosens it up.