PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Hyper to treat muscle strain

Kyle Hougendobler
06-17-2010, 02:50 PM
I'll try to keep this short. I have been out of serious CrossFitting for about 3 months. I let my form slack and something gave on some heavy power cleans and my lower back muscles for sure are torn. Considered a muscle strain I think?

I was successful in doing body weight workouts and box jumps and wallballs. I made a mistake of going to kb swings too fast and too heavy. Back is letting me know for sure.

I just ordered a Reverse Hyper from Rogue. I truly believe this will help strengthen those damaged muscles and get me back to CrossFit. It will ship out Monday and I will keep people updated of my progess.

Any other suggestions?

Side note: I stretch, I ice and I use a lacrosse ball on my lower back. I stay away from NSAIDs.

Brian Strump
06-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Get a professional opinion. 3 months is a LONG time to be dealing with pain.
We use reverse hypers with patients, but it's far from the first thing we do to help them in recovery.

I'll try to keep this short. I have been out of serious CrossFitting for about 3 months. I let my form slack and something gave on some heavy power cleans and my lower back muscles for sure are torn. Considered a muscle strain I think?

I was successful in doing body weight workouts and box jumps and wallballs. I made a mistake of going to kb swings too fast and too heavy. Back is letting me know for sure.

I just ordered a Reverse Hyper from Rogue. I truly believe this will help strengthen those damaged muscles and get me back to CrossFit. It will ship out Monday and I will keep people updated of my progess.

Any other suggestions?

Side note: I stretch, I ice and I use a lacrosse ball on my lower back. I stay away from NSAIDs.

Kyle Hougendobler
06-17-2010, 03:40 PM
You're right! I really should. Just go to my regular MD first?

Brian Strump
06-17-2010, 03:42 PM
If you just want to get pain meds, then no. But depending on your insurance, if any, you may need a referral to get to a PT, I'd recommend a chiropractor that focuses on rehab, but I'm biased.
There's a chiropractic school in Texas, not sure where, they may be able to give you a referral, but I would ask around first for a personal referral.

You're right! I really should. Just go to my regular MD first?

Kyle Hougendobler
06-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Ya their is one called Parker Chiropractic.

I love Chiropractors. I can go to mine and get a referral to the sports medicine facility on the floor below her.

I probably should have just rested completely when this injury occurred. Who knows, I could be fine and back to crossfit by now.

I just love it so much, I tried to find ways to still crossfit. To add, I should have stayed away from the hip explosive exercises. However, that is most movements we do.

Steven Low
06-17-2010, 04:28 PM
This may help IF it's a strain wfs
http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/01/on-muscle-strains/

Maybe this as well if its another issue: wfs
http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/02/so-you-hurt-your-lower-back/

Umm.. yeah. I would see a professional if it's gone on this long. You don't really know how to rehab it yourself.

Pretty much see a good chiro of physical therapist.